Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

The modding gets better now..

Here is a new NF4 mobo from dfi.."DFI NF4-D".. Its like all the others but the chipset doesnt have SLI and SataII enabled..

Well here is the good part.. It can be modded to SLI and also SataII.. :)

mod6jt.jpg

The best part about it.. is that this mobo costs $117. @ mwave.. and then the bridge is $19.99... this makes it a much better deal now then buying the SLI mobo..

:nod:

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I just modded my nF4-d to SLI and SATA. Works like a champ. It's a good thing I took a picture of the nF4 SLI-DR and nF4 Ultra D to compare notes on the chipset top.

I can't believe how easy this has been. I wonder if we should open another thread since this is a completely different motherboard?

I was able to move my array from the nF4 SLI-DR to the modded nF4-D. Not a problem.

Dude, I just modded my nF4-d to SLI and SATA. Works like a champ. It's a good thing I took a picture of the nF4 SLI-DR and nF4 Ultra D to compare notes on the chipset top.

I can't believe how easy this has been. I wonder if we should open another thread since this is a completely different motherboard?

I was able to move my array from the nF4 SLI-DR to the modded nF4-D. Not a problem.

I thought you did that long time ago, or is it the SATAII you just did?

so now theres 2 non SLI versions from DFI??? lemme get this correct, theres the NF4 Ultra-D that has SATAII already, just need to connect the one bridge for SLI support, and now theres the NF4-D UT, that needs 3 bridges connected for SLI and SATAII, shoot if its this easy Ill just snag the cheapest one then

so now theres 2 non SLI versions from DFI??? lemme get this correct, theres the NF4 Ultra-D that has SATAII already, just need to connect the one bridge for SLI support, and now theres the NF4-D UT, that needs 3 bridges connected for SLI and SATAII, shoot if its this easy Ill just snag the cheapest one then

I thought there was only three versions, one none SLI and two SLI.

Can anybody clear that!!! Anybody???

BINGO !! You win..hehe..

Yes guys read the link I put up there.. Its a new board but it can be modded to be just like the SLI-DR.. :)

hmm, mwave, 117, add shipping 126 bucks, the egg, the ultra-d didnt see this new board there yet btw, 129, 3 dollars shipping, so your saving what 7 to 8 bucks, if your already having to buy the sli bridge and some conductive paint etc... i guess 8 bucks is 8 bucks, sounds good to me, curious if the egg and some other places will get this 4th flavor of the board soon, probably the way to go

quick question, in your honest opinions, whats the best to use for connecting the contacts, would just a bead of solder between the 2 be ok, im a pretty steady hand with a solder gun, or just use a #2 pencil, I would feel more better with something more substantial than some graphite that could rub off

I thought there was only three versions, one none SLI and two SLI.

Can anybody clear that!!! Anybody???

There are three boards for sale in North America...

All three are exactly the same motherboard with different options and packages.

nF4-D - no SLI, no second lan and only SATA 1.5Gbs support. It does have two PCIe slots for Dual Video support. Comes with jumpers and puller.

nF4 Ultra - no SLI with second lan and SATA II 3.0Gbs support. No jumper puller in package.

nF4 SLI - comes in two hardware flavors the D has NV SATA only and RAID-0 or 1. DR has NV SATA RAID-0 or 1 and the SIL SATA 1.5Gbs and RAID up to level 5 and 0+1 support.

the one u listed above firstly is the one the other guy mentioned right, the newest one??? so it does come with the jumpers/puller, hmm very interesting all the different combos your saying there are, so the one to get is the newest one, the ultra D doesnt come with the jumpers puller? so all these folks modding those, they are just scrounging for jumpers then??? im kinda confused as I thought all of them came with the jumper blocks

Question

would that bridge work on BFG cards??? and

would that SATA II work with my raptor???

thanks

Unless I'm deeply mistaken the bridge is the same for all cards. The only potential issue (which isn't relevant for us) is that it is only designed to cross one PCI express slot whereas some boards like the Asus have two in between.

The only issue would be whether you card support SLI. If it has the golden fingers at the top then it does. If it doesn't, it doesn't

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean will the Sata II work with your Raptor. Since you have an Ultra-D according to your sig, you don't need any mods to enable SataII. SataII is a standard. If you drive support SataII then it will work with SataII, if not it won't.

Also exroadie is right about the situation in the US but overseas there is also the SLI-D which has SLI enabled but NO PCI Sil3014 chip for the for the 4 extra SATA raid

BTW, with regards to the jumper pullers (bios removal tool) are you sure none of the Ultra-D come with them? I've heard some do.

jeremywills, all of the boards come with the jumpers. They don't come with the SLI bridge. But what we are talking about here is the bios (PLCC) removal tool which comes with some of the boards. This is included as it makes it easier to change the SLI jumper blocks. But of course you don't need them and you can also buy a bios removal tool very easily anyway