Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

no problem ....

back to the mod , i was not expecting it to be so small

plus mine had the black epoxy covering mine , but it did it and shows sli in boot up so im chuffed.

now all i need is a second leadtek 7800gtx to run sli aswell as been able to have it , i am on the look out for a card there is one on ebay i may bid on . i went out last week and missed one that went for £82 so im keeping an eye out . will let everyone know .

thanks to everyone and there posts

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to the mod , i was not expecting it to be so small

plus mine had the black epoxy covering mine , but it did it and shows sli in boot up so im chuffed.

That's good news! My Ultra-D's chipset also has a layer of epoxy covering on the SLI joint. How did you remove it, or did you just use the pencil tip to scrape it off?

i used a razor blade to scrape at the epoxy really gently just tiny scrapes , it took me about 10 mins of careful scraping then i saw one , then two different metal coloured dots which i then just drew a full stop with the pencil covering both connections cos thats how small the area is, you will know when you hit the connectors as you can tell and feel when the razor blade scratches over the metal connections , its feels different than scrapping at the epoxy

Wow, good job getting that done... :) You've earned yourself the SLI functionality very well!

My fingers aren't nimble, so I am wondering if there exists a non-corrosive solvent that can wipe out the epoxy. I tried mineral spirit last time when I reapplied thermal compound on the chipset but it didn't work. The epoxy layer is stronger than that. :(

• 4 weeks later...

hi neilcha, frankly i am going for an SLI setup in the near future, but i just can't find a third party bridge in my region. knowing u posses 2 of em, is it possible to buy 1 from u. do u have an email/any other means of contact so that i will be able to further contact u??

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Im wondering if it would be possible to just buy a sli bridge off of eBay and use it with my two xfx 7800 gt video cards. Or does the bridge have to be made by DFI?

It seems like the sli bridges are graphic card specific. Also, will this mod enable 16x on each pcie slot?

Thanks for this great mod!

• 2 weeks later...

-plz in need some help if someone can help me !!!

-i broth an dfi lanparty ultra-d about one ear and a few mounts ago , but i had some problem with that motherboard in november last year and change it.

- i whanted to mode this board into sli-d and i read some post on this site ; i removed my chispset cooler and i was just starting to make the moding

-the problem is that on my chispser it is a deferent inscription in comparation with some picks in you posts on this site.

-on my chipset it is writen :

nvidia

45110513 054945

s TAIWAn

NF4-ULTRA-A3

QF3584.1

-plz if someone try to mode a board with this inscription on the chipset ; of if someone can tell me if i can mode this one

-my concern is that revesion A3

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I did this mod, (got it the first time:p), but one little glitch about this system.

Once I fired up, seen that the board was in fact SLi, got the cards in, drivers, all that crap, then I lost both of my onboard network ports?????

Hmmmm, haven't quite figured this out yet. Checked the IRQ's and drivers, in fact just to be sure, I reinstalled the drivers, but nothing!! Its very odd, it shows that the Marvell Gigabit lan is connected, but I have no activity:eek:

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem????

Desertfox - If you can find the AEUS flexible bridge, it works like a charm. Bridges are not specific to any brand, as the SLI standard probably dictates that all boards connect the same way.

Stinger - What did you use to make the connection? Perhaps double check that the contacts around it are clean. Does the nvidia port do the same thing?

staniasergiu - as long as its labled NF4, i dont believe there are any issues with it, the NF4 motherboard versions [sLI-DR, ultra-D etc all use the same chip. I did that mod recently and I got my board over a year and a half ago as well, worked the first time.

Stinger - What did you use to make the connection? Perhaps double check that the contacts around it are clean. Does the nvidia port do the same thing?

I should of been a little more specific:rolleyes: LOL Sorry

I used a Circuit Writer pen from Radio Shack. And applied the contact liquid with the tip of a safety pen. I was very careful not to get the liquid anywhere else!!!

And yes, both the Nvidia port and the Marvell did the exact same thing! Just happened after the mod:eek:

sounds a lot more precise than the #2 pencil I used - got a lil impatient. I'll get a circuit pen eventually...Could you take the goo back off and see if they still work as a normal Ultra-D?

I dont see how it would have affected them - windows says they are installed and working properly? Did you reinstall drivers from the motherboard drive CD?