Watercooling is it anygood

Well im currently trying for 260*10 or 287*9 but it isnt stable at voltages upto 1.79. The twinmos UTT/CH5 passes memtest @260 for hours so its not that. So is it worth getting some watercooling and what sorts of voltages am I going to be able to push.

you wont get the crazy voltages like you will with phase-change/subzero cooling...but you can usually get a little more voltage/overclock without any trouble with watercooling...not weak watercooling (and no offense, but those $100 kits are just not what you want for overclocking...good air cooling is better than those things).

my preference is Danger Den watercooling with their TDX copper cpu blocks, Maze4 GPU blocks, Black Ice Extreme radiators, etc.

If you really want to talk to someone that is a master of watercooling, pm CPU Killer, or email me for his email address (email link in my sig). He works for Danger Den, and really knows his stuff.

there are other decent watercooling options out there, but i prefer Danger Den because I feel they make the best blocks, and because they have EXCELLENT customer service/support ;)

Don't expect miracles out of water.

What you can expect is about 100mhz more, with the abilty to push more voltage in, and be more silent.

Id get somet like a 6002 CPU Block, 120.2 or similar, etc etc. Cooling the GPU with water is more fun!!

I also use water in both of my A64 DFI rigs. I am using the stuff in my sig on my main rig and a DD TDX in the other. One thing AG listed was a Black Ice Xtreme (BIX) and Grov also suggested that it could be more silent. One thing to note about the BIX is that it has a very thick core with very dense fins and requires a stronger fan than most other radiators to work efficiently. Stronger fan usually equals more noise. Unless you are heating your CPU near it's limits under load (70°C Clawhammer/Newcastle, 65°C Winchester) then a Black Ice Pro is probably sufficient. It could use a lower pressure fan or even two low pressure/low cfm/ low volume fans in a push/pull arragement on both sides of the radiator and accomplish both goals of increased overclock and silence.

Just my $.02

I am a big fan of Swiftech myself. I use the 6000 on the cpu, the 50 on the graphics card, and the 20 on my chipset. I'm using a 2x120mm radiator, and just upgraded to the 650 Swiftech 12vdc pump. I get very low temps with my setup at stock speeds (mid 20's), but my CPU doesn't overclock much so I can't really say how much the water helps. :) Once I get my mobile 3700 or Turion, I'll let ya know. :)

-Ben

Thanks for the advice. Im not to botherd about sound as you can see in my sig but I was hoping for 100-200mhz more but im still not sure might just go for a 2nd hand vapo and see how we go from there.

Aww come on Angry, what About he "Little River" waterblocks, they have set the standard for the last 3 generations of blocks :D

never heard of em...and from what have seen, Danger Den has set the standard for a while ;)

phase change also may be losing some steam , winchesters suffered from a cold bug , and it has since been see in the venices and even more so in the San Diegos according to some of opb's results