Sign in to follow this  
ghuraba

Corsair DDR440 and Memtest problems.

My corsair goes up to 295+ memtest stable at 2,5-4-4-8 (default settings) but not Prime stable. I'm Prime stable (~8hrs cant wait for more) at 265X9=2385 with A64 3000+ Winnie.

Since memory controller is on CPU u cant distinguished which its fail first, but i think most of the time is CPU that fails first.

I set my my FSB to default 200x11 and Prime fails after 2 hours. All other settings on auto. I need to try and find out what is wrong here so I can RMA the faulty product. Do you think it is the memory controller on my cpu? Are there any other programs which can identify a memory controller problem. I am getting a few random reboots in Windows and Counter Strike Source will give me the fatal exception error after a while and I even got a Windows blue screen 'hardware failure' today just by opening up Trojan Hunter.

Michael

Lets take it from scratch.

Use the Orange slots.

Vddr = 2.7 - 2.8 more not help at all in my case.

Run some memtest on 310 bios with low multiplier-high FSB but keep the Vcore high, let say 1,250-1.300 X 123% = 1.54~1.60V. It doesnt going to hurt your CPU, dont worry. Also track temperatures on ur CPU while runnning Prime (i use speedfan for this). I keep my temps at 55-56 or lower(on load like prime).

also at memory settings keep them at 2.5-4-4-8 Auto-Auto ......

but make sure u have tref at Auto

and drive strength at L7

data drive strength at L4.

Do some memtest and see which is the highest FSB u get without errors on #8 test at least for 10 times pass. (run only #8 test). Keep multiplier at 8 or lower.

I had some "odd" situations like i was Prime stable for 2-3 hours and i fail memtest in few minutes :confused:

As far the blue screens, may it seems strange, but unistall nVidia network manager - firewall or use the Marvell ethernet port (assume u use them for the internet).

EHEHE had the same issue on prime-vs-memtest :P although now i've already bough new sticks and these are mearly experimental sticks now :P running them stable in both now for 79 hours in prime and 8 in memtest :P although 3.5 voltage seems a little closer to insanity rather than progress its quite real :D wouldnt recommend this unless you have some spare ones at the least :P

p.s u gotta cool yer mems at these voltages :P as well as yer dimm spreader on the top right, its gonna become as hot as a frying pan :D

Lets take it from scratch.

Use the Orange slots.

Vddr = 2.7 - 2.8 more not help at all in my case.

Run some memtest on 310 bios with low multiplier-high FSB but keep the Vcore high, let say 1,250-1.300 X 123% = 1.54~1.60V. It doesnt going to hurt your CPU, dont worry. Also track temperatures on ur CPU while runnning Prime (i use speedfan for this). I keep my temps at 55-56 or lower(on load like prime).

also at memory settings keep them at 2.5-4-4-8 Auto-Auto ......

but make sure u have tref at Auto

and drive strength at L7

data drive strength at L4.

Do some memtest and see which is the highest FSB u get without errors on #8 test at least for 10 times pass. (run only #8 test). Keep multiplier at 8 or lower.

I had some "odd" situations like i was Prime stable for 2-3 hours and i fail memtest in few minutes :confused:

As far the blue screens, may it seems strange, but unistall nVidia network manager - firewall or use the Marvell ethernet port (assume u use them for the internet).

I can run single channel, 1 stick in dimm 2, stable at default settings and ram at 275mhz, vdimm at 2.8v no problem. Memtest and prime stable for over 8 hours so far. Temp never goes above 39c CPU and 43c NB using Smartgaurdian. But as soon as I go dual channel I can't run stable like I mentioned. If I could isolate the problem I would RMA it.

One thing I have noticed is that I can run Prime ok if I run the "small ffts" but I get the errors with the "in place large ffts" test.

I will try your suggestions.

Thanks.

Michael

If u run both sticks in single mode up to 275Mhz i doupt is a RAM problem, but something with mem/genie bios settings.

Try the rest and post again.

btw what bios u running?

If u run both sticks in single mode up to 275Mhz i doupt is a RAM problem, but something with mem/genie bios settings.

Try the rest and post again.

btw what bios u running?

I'm using the 310 bios.

Prime is normally stable for a few hours before failure. I just managed 3 hours @ 200fsb x 11 = 2.2ghz. It is scandalous considering this ram is rated to do 275mhz!!! It does 275mhz but not in dual channel with this DFI board.

I wouldn't be too bothered about Prime failing after a few hours but I play CSS and HL2 a lot and these game crashe all the time with 2 sticks running. If I play with only 1 stick I get no problem at all.

Michael

I just flashed with the 414-1 beta bios and I was able to run 10 runs of test 8 and 5 with Memtest at default settings in the [email protected] x 8, 2.8vdimm . I could only do this with 1 stick on the 310 bios.

I wonder why that would be?

Michael

Hmm I am following your thread.

I have a very similar setup as you. So far I have managed 2.5,4,4,10 1T with two sticks but have hit a brick wall at 257mhz FSB. Anything above this is unstable tighter timings will boot fine 2.5,3,3,5 for example but will crash after 20 mins of gaming.

I think the problem is a combination issue. Venice, XMs4400, NF4. Every person I have seen either has a different CPU core or different memory that have managed to hit decent FSB's.

I am constantly testing so let me know if you come up with the magic settings.

BTW I found only DRAM drive strength of 3 works for me. 1,2,4 will boot but unstale. Anything above 4 that includes 7 does not work.

hey, i have this ram and i cant successfully test them in memtest..

i currently just have one in at the moment but everything is at stock but it will just reboot after a minute of testing.. i really don't get it.. and it fails to boot with the other stick in.