Sign in to follow this  
aspevacek

Multi unlocked Intel chips?

So which chip sare at least partial multi unlocked? I wanna mabey ditch my faithful 3.0 and upgrade to another chip but I am wonder what chips have at least partial unlocked multis.

Thanks in advance fo rany input yall can add.

were some of the higher end prescotts unlocked?

I have an ES p4 2.6C....can use either 12 or 13 multi..

Yes, on at least Abit and Asus boards, they found a way to unlock a standard Prescott CPU. Because DFI has not implemented this feature in their current boards, you have to use a ES CPU for the unlocked multis.

Guest LightSpeed

You can use a lower multiplier on a D0 stepping 3.4E (14x) regardless if it is s478 or s775. It doesn't have to be engineering sample, but it does need a decent BIOS to do the unlocking. ASUS, ABIT, DFI and Gigabyte have all figured out how to do it, but only ASUS and Gigabyte have it down for the 6xx series CPUs at present AFAIK.

I am selling my D0 550 with adjustable multi if anyone wants it, PM me. It is NOT an ES CPU.

Actually in regards to LightSpeeds post, i have that P4 3.4E processor that supposedly has adjustable multis but so far it only works on ASUS and ABIT motherboards; NOT ON DFI BOARDS. Even with the latests BIOSes (both final and beta) it does not work, multi is locked at 17.