Sign in to follow this  
Capt Proton

NF3 250GB Updating RAID Drivers

On the DFI Site there are Driver updates for the NVIDIA RAID Controller. Specifically "F6 NF4R.exe" My problem is that I don't understand how to apply the update. When I downoad it, I save it to my hard drive. While I'm doing this, I get a message several times telling me there is no disc in the A: Drive. Once the download is complete, I double click it, and it activates and looks for the A: Drive. Here's my first problem. No matter what was on the floppy before, it tells me: First - There is no floppy in the drive. I click retry and it finds it, but then it always tells me the Floppy needs to be formatted. I do this, and the application executes. I can only assume, as there are no directions I can find, that it is executing to a floppy as it is meant to be used during the Boot Up. I reboot. All I get is the message that there is a floppy in the A: drive and that I need to remove it and press any key to continue. I have gotten the same results with two floppy drives. I have the floppy set in the BIOS as the first boot device.

Any ideas? Do I have the process wrong?

2 things, First if your raid setup is working fine, then I would probably not update the drivers. (if it ain't broke.......)

Second, I think the driver you're showing there is for the NF4 boards, not the NF3's. Not sure if it makes a difference though.