Sign in to follow this  
Alexia

Flipped my lid, getting rid of desktop!

I have gone crazy, I'm getting rid of my main desktop!

WHAT?!

I'll be selling off my motherboard, CPU, heatsink, video card, sound card, and some other miscellaneous things in about a week.(Possibly my Raptor too and some other large hard drives that I'm not using.) My Lian-Li PC-75B will be sold once I clean up the cut out fan grills.

On the way to my house is a SoundBlaster Live! USB and D-Link 7 port USB hub. I'm turning my Dell Inspiron XPS laptop into my main desktop.

Inspiron XPS

Intel Pentium 4 3.4ghz HT

PC-3200 1gb RAM

1920x1200 LCD

60gb 7200rpm hard drive

This way when I take my laptop with me, it won't be so different than being at my desk. The hard drives from my current desktop will be put into the DFI Infinity computer I have sitting at home. Plus, by doing this I'll be able to make a profit and pay off my bills.

The only problem I'm worried about is when unplugging the USB hub I would be unplugging so many devices at once it might cause system problems.

I have gone crazy

I don't believe it! It's either a druken stupor or you dreamed it.

I have gone crazy, I'm getting rid of my main desktop!

WHAT?!

I don't believe it! It is either a bad dream after eating a bad potato, or the aftermath of a druken stupor. ;)

*groan*

Wish I would have known. I would have cut you an awesome deal on the SB Audigy 2 NX (usb external) I have laying around!

*groan*

Wish I would have known. I would have cut you an awesome deal on the SB Audigy 2 NX (usb external) I have laying around!

Oh! Well, I haven't ordered yet. I phrased that sentence incorrectly. :) I'm still trying to get everything together. :P I just finished getting ATI's control panel to behave and properly adjust to the monitor when it is hooked up. The next step is to transfer all my programs over.

Something else I should grab is a quality gigabyte switch. I'll let you know if I'm interested once I finish this up!

No, no I'm not. :(

Starting to realize how silly this sounds.

I dont wana talk you out of it..

But you know there isnt any laptop that can take the place of a DFI mobo.. ;)

I mean it will be cool to have a computer to take with you on the go.. but you sure your not gona regret it ?..

I dont wana talk you out of it..

But you know there isnt any laptop that can take the place of a DFI mobo.. ;)

I mean it will be cool to have a computer to take with you on the go.. but you sure your not gona regret it ?..

I was dreaming of a DFI notebook mobo last night! Psst, Oskar ;)

I have some friends that use Sager's and Dell XPS's as their main system and game with it quite well, so it's not insane... just... eratic :angel:

I was dreaming of a DFI notebook mobo last night! Psst, Oskar ;)

I have some friends that use Sager's and Dell XPS's as their main system and game with it quite well, so it's not insane... just... eratic :angel:

When I went home for Christmas break, I used my laptop for an entire month. I would have died trying to do that on my old laptop. The Inspiron XPS is very comfortable and powerful enough to use as a main computer. The problem I was figuring out today was installation of local programs. I would run out of hard drive space quickly.