Sign in to follow this  
e_lion_1

Retro Computing Memories

i had an apple 2c with 144kb hard drive . the small green and black monitor. that pc was 2500.00 back then included dot matrix printer i believe. later on got a second 5 and half inch drive. never got the modem i dont recall. 2400baud was the fastest i believe. zork was popular back then and ultima which i played. and castle wolfenstein. ahhh memories. i used to be up late in the evening playing on that thing and pretending to do homework lol.

Castle Wolfenstein on my friends AppleII green screen until your retinal color receptors were burned out and everything else in the world looked yellowish, oh yeah I remember that too! And the first verson of Lunar Lander on the PDP-11, that's when I realized computers weren't just going to be bigger faster sliderules.

I got a late start on owning my first computer. It didn't happen until '97

AMD K62 350mhz, 6G HD, 64mg ram, 33k modem.

I did use computer in high school but I don't remember what they were but they were PC. Iremember doing quickbasic and ...is it turbopascal?

More memorable early computer-type experiences were Colecovision and blowing into the NES cartridges so that they might work on the machine.

Anybody ever have the nintendo glove?

quickbasic and ...is it turbopascal?

turbopascal it is....lol...I only got to use Apple Pascal

Does anybody use Pascal for anything now....just curious...

and as far as BASIC goes, well, I don't think my chops in that language helped me out any....

10 START

20 PRINT "have a good day"

30 END

or something like that....the other day I started to think about a bash shell script and BASIC came out...

blowing into the NES cartridges

been there, done that...lol... I don't think it ever helped, but it felt like it did.