OCCT: Best program to verify system stability?

chennhui

I run the OCCT 30-minute test and then SuperPI 32M just to see if it's worth doing a full 8 or 24 hour Prime95 Blend or OCCT Torture session. Prime and SuperPI still have a place. I've seen situations where my system was stable in OCCT Torture for over 10 hours, but failed Prime95 Blend after 5 hours, so you really need both running for a LONG time to be confident.

occt is a good program.. but i think its too sensitive.. i can past it many times but once in a while it will fail at the same settings den ill test it again... it passes... so noone can really determine what is stable... i think stable is just up to u, if ur system is stable enough to perform ur daily needs.. all these programs are making me seem like a crackhead, im up day and night... tryn to tweak my system so it will pass all program.. ive pass super pi, all the 3dmarks benchmark and prime95.. so dats good enough for me..

Just curious any one try ScienceMark 2.0 as stress test? Select Membench and analyze. If you vCore is not enough you will experience instant BSOD. Very sensitive and consistent. Give a try. I added this on my list.

my oc is 3dmark2001, 03 & 05 stable

memtest stable for over 4hours, prime stable over 6hours

itll run super pi

and itll play any game i want for as long as i want

but can get through a virus scan without restarting lol

One trick I learned from the benchmark guys, running multiple copies of Super PI at the same time will flush out memory timing/speed issues that you might miss otherwise. I just copied the Super PI folder three times, then I run three copies of Super PI at once: two calculating 32M and one calculating 16M. That just about uses up all my physical RAM (1GB). I then run StressCPU on top of that to keep the load and heat high. Borderline instability problems that use to take 4-5 hours to find in OCCT or Prime now only take 20-30 minutes!

To most overclocked, stability and speed is equal important. I would not accept the system as stable if it has failed in one of these stability test, i.e. Memtest- test 8, Superpi- 32MB, 12 hours Prime95. I thought my system was stable because it passed all my criteria. However, recently I discovered another good stability test, the OCCT. I tested my system and to my surprice, the system failed in OCCT test. This remind me that some users also has reported late failure in Prime95 stress (after 24 hours of stress test).

Does this indicate OCCT outperform others stability test method? I added OCCT in my list. ;)

yes i am raving about OCCT for a long time already.

I THINK one reason that it is more sensitve than prime is also that it runs with higher priority than prime (as default)...and also the "test XXX MB of ram" is easier then w/ prime.... In prime you first had to look around and use "blend" mode and this (in addition) also is buggy w/ prime.

OCCT > prime