Sign in to follow this  
KingYubbo

DFI PSU Options #3

well.. got my ultra-D fired up.. priming as we speak 3.2V 2-2-2-5 240mhz

damn i love my powerstream.. :P

well.. got my ultra-D fired up.. priming as we speak 3.2V 2-2-2-5 240mhz

damn i love my powerstream.. :P

Hehehe... Lots of VERY happy powerstream users on these forums... It truly rocks!

Anandtech uses the OCZ PowerStream 520W (620W Peak) for all their SLI testing. ;)

I knew there was a reason why I bought that sucker :nod:

ricey

The Power Supply is extremely critical with an SLI system. Keep in mind that nVidia recommended a 470 watt PS when the 6800 Ultra was first introduced. Since then, recommendations have lowered a bit, but Asus recommends at least a 500 watt power supply with dual 6800 Ultra video cards, and we agree. We had no issues in our tests with the Power Supply, but we used an OCZ 520 watt PowerStream power supply for all our tests. Make sure that the 500W+ PS is of good quality with a 24-pin ATX connector and check the specifications for the rails. Since high power is a big selling point right now, we have seen 500W, 550W, and 600W power supplies selling for $25 to $30. Most of these have poorer specifications than a quality 350 watt power supply and they are not adequate for a top SLI system. Two 6800 Ultra video cards require 4 Molex connectors (plus another 4-pin to plug into the Asus board), so these cheaper power supplies usually don't even have enough 4-pin connectors for your video cards - let alone your other components. They are also often 20-pin ATX, when you should consider 24-pin a must for top SLI performance. Consider these cheap power supplies the same as cheap Asian car stereo specs that advertise hundreds of watts and deliver more like 5 watts RMS. Go with a respected brand name with good rail specifications. If you are looking at a brand that you haven't heard of, compare their specifications on-line to those of a unit like the OCZ 520W. This will tell you quickly if the unit can supply what is needed.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2358&p=20

I like this one! ;)

I had to make this

attachment.php?attachmentid=62830

Haha.. what a bunch of fanboys we are..lol..

No really.. its just a DAM good PSU... just like anything there is an occassional problem but most all users of these PSU's are very very happy.. I know I am..

:)

The 20-24 Pin Adapter Cable converts a standard 20-pin ATX power supply to the 24-pin format (eg for use with a LGA775 motherboard).

We recommend the use of at least a 300W PSU with this product.

*Please note this product adapts the connector only and provides power to just the first 20 pins. This will only work for some mainboards. Please check the power requirements of your mainboard before purchasing as some new high-end boards do require the additional connectors, power especially SLI boards.

http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod1666.htm

This is a usless POS, the most usless that I have ever seen! :eek:

It doesn't ever try to get power/copper connections to the other 4-pins. :shake: :shake: :shake:

I thought you guys might enjoy this! :nod:

Holly CRAP!

Why would they even sell something as useless as that.

*Please note this product adapts the connector only and provides power to just the first 20 pins.

i got a powerstream 600 the other day - it buzzed before i even turned it on, when i could only get it to stay on after i unplugged my 12v water pump. My 480w runs the system just fine with the water pump connected. I'll never buy an ocz psu again, and also it's just a rebadged tagan, why pay the extra just for an ocz sticker and box?

I was very dissapointed. The shop i got it fomr said they returned them all the time for buzzing lcikcing and ocz told them it didnt effect performance and should only happen when it is cold!!