Sign in to follow this  
KingYubbo

DFI PSU Options #3

Could it be as sexy as these OCZ 520's.

Man, the finish is so sweet, I felt like mounting it somewhere external :nod:

i'm leaving my rig out for a while :P

Hmmm... guy i PMed for the OCZ 600watt Powerstream hasn't replied yet.... i heard the Enermax and Tagan were changing ranges so i was thinking the Enermax Noisetaker would be good. Looks OK too.

Before i built my computer i had no idea how important PSU were until my mobo decided to boot up but with the 4 solid LEDS. I was then recommended by this board to buy the OCZ 520 Powerstream and that worked a treat. Infact it weighed twice as much as my old PSU which claimed a 400w output :(

Anyway the PSU has been great ever since and i have left the computer on for 8 hrs without any problems :)

Hmmmm haven't recieved PM about the 600watt Powerstream that could possibly be coming my way. Will my Topower 24-pin native work on this board on stock? If so, any chance of damaging parts?

Could it be as sexy as these OCZ 520's.

Man, the finish is so sweet, I felt like mounting it somewhere external :nod:

Bwahahahahahaha :D

I had to partially mount my OCZ externally, as it was too big for my Lian Li V1000 case. If I had mirror polished the aluminium brackets that I made, it would have looked marvy :nod: (but I didn't, coz I'm lazy).

edit: here's the link to a thread which has piccies of my OCZ in my Lian li v1000 case Here

ricey

OK, well the 600watt OCZ PSU idea fell through. How long do you think 520watts will stay in for? Considering it costs the same price as the Silverstone, maybe that's the way to go? I think if the PSU lasts me 2 years or so, i'll justify the extra money for the 520watt Powerstream.

King Yubbo i been following your thread for a few days and see your thinking of the OCZ Powerstream 520,good choise.I bought this 2 months ago replaceing a ultra xconnect that was only 3 months old.I was going for the looks and performance but at the time the looks won leaving me with the xconnect.What iam tring to point out is that the performance is much more important,to me anyway.Which ever way you go, i would stick with one of the three your looking at.

OCZ Powerstream 520

Enermax

Tagan.

All three of them are good PS.The OCZ has adjustable rails which is great if you may want to overclock with some extra juice.

I used a Thermaltake PurePower 480 for over a year, it was great. Had to replace it since it didn't have a 24-pin mb plug for my new system though.

Currently using a PC Power and Cooling Silencer 470 PSU, and it is rock solid.

I wish I had dished out the extra cash for the 510 SLI though, because I'm sure I'll have to upgrade if I decide to go the SLI route.

Currently using a PC Power and Cooling Silencer 470 PSU, and it is rock solid.

I wish I had dished out the extra cash for the 510 SLI though, because I'm sure I'll have to upgrade if I decide to go the SLI route.

Give that PCP&C 470 a shot at SLI before you replace it. Those units are very strong and conservatively rated. I have a feeling it would run just fine in SLI.

Give that PCP&C 470 a shot at SLI before you replace it. Those units are very strong and conservatively rated. I have a feeling it would run just fine in SLI.

Alright, I'll definitely try it, thanks for the input.