DFI PSU Options #3

Typical sign of a heat problem or an under powered system. They could be related since that PSU will have to run at max load to keep the system running.

At least you can get your system up and running with that PSU.

can you guys give me some info on what would happen normally when the psu can't supply enough juice ??

I am currently using no brand 300w psu, which i think is still running fine .. however, i do get like tvcard application close down auto when system is in high cpu usage.. not sure if that's bcoz of psu or.. i will see how it goes when i get my new psu next week...

btw, i am running two 200gb , 1 x 5gb, 1 x 20gb, etc... but at stock speed..

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you guys give me some info on what would happen normally when the psu can't supply enough juice ??

I am currently using no brand 300w psu, which i think is still running fine .. however, i do get like tvcard application close down auto when system is in high cpu usage.. not sure if that's bcoz of psu or.. i will see how it goes when i get my new psu next week...

btw, i am running two 200gb , 1 x 5gb, 1 x 20gb, etc... but at stock speed..

lol I wouldnt be running my rig off that PSU

saw some users in the forum somewhere that it's good, but i can't get that psu anymore since it would not be available in australia for 8 more weeks or so coz of they doing improved version in australia.. kinda weird.. means whoever can get them now is old version ??? hate that.

What do you think of the Antec Neopower 480watt? I could be getting that for second-hand. I also heard Enermax and Tagan are changing their ranges of PSU's so i don't think i'll be going that, and the larger watted OCZ's cost a lot more. Power Stream is even more expensive than the Modstream.

Edit~

What do you think of the OCZ 600Watt PowerStream? Possibilities on that too.

the powerstream will be the best choice out of the few now at the moment..

u got your motherboard yet?

there's a good place to get them.. they had a promotion on the ultra-D a while ago at $199 and i think there's a whole bunch of people who got them that time.. and if u want sli action u can get the sli-d or sli-dr from them too..

check them out.. www.nintek.com.au

great shop

edit: and don't forget to make a sig :)

Guest eva2000

650W Silverstone PCI-E SLI PSU ain't bad http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=441 :)

and will last you quite a while through a few upgrades

i.e. i bought 3x 520W Topower psus 3-4yrs ago and they still going strong and went through several dozen upgrades until this year when i went to 2x 6800GT/Ultra SLI now i use 650W Silverstone :)

Hey... that ones cheaper than the OCZ PowerStream..... hmm.... Looks a good PSU from your reviews. I shall be looking into that one now as it looks and seems very good quality. 650watts could last me a few years without SLI. But then i can't justify paying the extra $80 over the Enermax Noisetaker 470watts or the Tagan 480watt. I doubt they'll run out of power in a long time so what's there in it for me if i do pay the extra $$ for the 600-650 watt PSU's from OCZ and Silverstone?

malaysia go lowyat..

www.lowyat.net

i checked the list. it's not very updated.. (i mean the left side with all the shops list)

best is if u go there yourself or ask a friend from KL or something...(i take it that u're not from KL) if not then go to the forums and see if there's any bulk orders and stuffs.. they'll send it to you too.. but becareful of scams.. jaga jaga ya