DFI PSU Options #3

I've got 3 choices that are around my budget of $140 for a PSU that runs on a DFI Ultra-D.

http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/prodVie...?idproduct=1455

http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/prodVie...?idproduct=1458

http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/prodVie...?idproduct=1415

Which one would be the best out of them to use on my DFI Ultra-D board?

Edit~ Cheers Babyelf, links weren't working.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't go wrong with either the Enermax or OCZ ModStream.

The OCZ is rated below the 480W recommendation but their units are really strong since they don't "fudge" the numbers. I'm working with a PowerStream 600W unit right now and I'm very impressed with it.

Enermax has never given me a problem. I've got one in the nF3 250Gb. The NoiseTaker series is very quiet.

The Tagan is sold out but I've never had one to work with so no opinion.

Hello your a*se-holiness, hehe

I just received my OCZ Powerstream 520W today, and after a little tinker am looking real stable on 2.5GHz with stock cooling.

The right psu makes all the difference :nod:

Do not buy under-spec guy, it will most likely not be a stable overclock.

Mow lawns, wash dishes, find the cash (legally of course), and you won't regret it.

Hang in there, you can find it :nod:

DO NOT GET THAT ENERMAX - exactly the one I had couldnt supply enough power to run MSI K8Neo2/AMDFX-53/6800GT @ stock!!! - it kept on resetting whilst mid-games - let alone running a DFI board with SLI lol!

Changed to a Tagan TG480-U01 - amazing - silent and uber stable power

Ordered the OCZ Modstream 520w - it refused to work with either MSI Diamond and DFI-SLI DR - nothing! - sent it back - brand new replacement - and same again - nothing!!!!!

i'm sorry to say OCZ i'm probably gunna get stuck with an Antec Neopower now or i Might go for the new Tagan TG480-U22 - seeing as my supplier cant get any OCZ power supplies in.... :( - i;d prefer OCZ psu's but they are currently hard to source in the UK :(

Sounds like you had some really bad luck with these power supplies.

Your experience does not correspond with the majority of users.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/poll.php?d...sults&pollid=27

The odds that you got two bad power supplies in a row is staggering.

DO NOT GET THAT ENERMAX - exactly the one I had couldnt supply enough power to run MSI K8Neo2/AMDFX-53/6800GT @ stock!!! - it kept on resetting whilst mid-games - let alone running a DFI board with SLI lol!

Changed to a Tagan TG480-U01 - amazing - silent and uber stable power

Ordered the OCZ Modstream 520w - it refused to work with either MSI Diamond and DFI-SLI DR - nothing! - sent it back - brand new replacement - and same again - nothing!!!!!

i'm sorry to say OCZ i'm probably gunna get stuck with an Antec Neopower now or i Might go for the new Tagan TG480-U22 - seeing as my supplier cant get any OCZ power supplies in.... :( - i;d prefer OCZ psu's but they are currently hard to source in the UK :(

Ive had nothing but good luck with my OCZ.. and I hear the same from many other users.. My freind uses an Enermax 465 in his 250gb rig and it runs great with NO problems either..

I also dont have any experience with the Tagan psu's but from what I hear they are decent also..

I would pick the OCZ because of their awsome customer support .. I mean you dont even have to look far for a OCZ rep since they post here too..hehe..

:)

can you guys give me some info on what would happen normally when the psu can't supply enough juice ??

I am currently using no brand 300w psu, which i think is still running fine .. however, i do get like tvcard application close down auto when system is in high cpu usage.. not sure if that's bcoz of psu or.. i will see how it goes when i get my new psu next week...

btw, i am running two 200gb , 1 x 5gb, 1 x 20gb, etc... but at stock speed..