Sign in to follow this  
danny5

First attempt with OC'ing with TCCD

cool thats what im looking for,

i meant do the extra power connectors on the motherboard help the overclock of your video card at all?

cool thats what im looking for,

i meant do the extra power connectors on the motherboard help the overclock of your video card at all?

sorry, can't answer that one since this is the only board that I've used this card with... and my x800xl is dual dvi model that has its own power connector too...

Nice memory clock danny5! My OCZ Rev.2 will do about 305MHz @ 2.5-4-3 1T timings. My TCCD seems to like volts a little more than some.

I've heard that depending on when the TCCD was produced (early or later weeks etc), as well as the PCB it is on has a great effect on it's taking to higher vdimm. My TCCD seems to do best at 2.9volts (to get to 300+MHz). Anything higer than that does nothing but heat up the dimms and cause instability (even with active cooling on the memory). I've tried 3 volts with not a single extra MHz in gain. Some of the Gskill stuff seems to do well at only 2.6 volts.

I only wish my memory controller could handle anything above 250~ish.. My week 50 winchester is awfully weak in this respect. It can hit 2.75ghz without a hitch at relatively low voltage, but I have to use an 11x multi. Not even 10x260 is stable with 2.5-4-4 timings.

Don't feel bad Miguel, I'm in the same boat. 260x10 isn't 100% stable no matter what timing and volts I try, though my memory is good up to 300MHz at least (highest I bothered trying). I finally have given up on 260x10 and now am living with 275x9.