Favorite Keyboard ?

p0tter

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a reg file fix called flock or something that changes the configuration so that you get the F keys on boot and have to press the F-Lock button to get the special functions.

If it wasn't for that file I wouldn't be able to use a Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard. I don't use the extra functions. Just like the size of the thing.

only problem with this is that it doesn't load the reg file when you are in DOS or in the bios etc.

I have one of these on the new test bench and for hte life of me i get really pissed when the F function thing wont work or let me in the bios or let me do things....

if i had to do it over again, I would get either a MS keyboard (nothing special just a kb).

momma has the normal MS Internet kb and she likes it.

me myself, i am going to order my next kb directly from Compaq/HP (if they still make the same ones).

Malaniken is correct....there's something about the placement and the feel of the keys on the Cq/HP keyboards that I just have not found anywhere else.

I have a $5.00 keyboard that I use when working in the BIOS. Even though the MS Natural is a PS2 type, there is no "native" Insert Key and trying to hit the F-Lock key then F10 for the RAID BIOS is just a pain.

Post a pic of the exact Compaq keyboard you're looking for and the model number. I have access to hundreds of those things.

I really like the Key Tronics. Very positive tactile key feel without lots of noise, and solidly built frame. I use the model E06101DUSBBUS-C (see here) which I get through Amazon.com (actually TechDepot.com is the supplier).

I use to use ergo keyboards, but it's too hard switching back and forth from regular to ergo at different sites. Mice are the real culprit for carpal tunnel though.

picture of keyboard
Crap. We tossed all the extra button keyboards when we cleaned out the storage unit last month.

Do you like the standard keyboards or do you need the extra buttons?

Man, sorry I got your hopes up.