Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

[Resolved] NF4 - Ethernet disappears on boot???

I'm using the NF4 port, and when I reboot the machine, I lose connectivity with my router. Everything I can find is set for automatic IP addresses through DHCP, but it will hook this machine with the "automatic private address" of 169.xxxxxxxx. A cable company technician gave me these steps that DO work to restore my connection from a command prompt: netsh int ip reset temp.txt . This works beautifully until the next reboot. How can I get my settings or whatever this is to stay?

Did you put the nVidia LAN MAC address into the Genie BIOS settings? Just a thought, some routers and ISP's are expecting this. Both LAN's work fine for me, but I've settled on using the nVidia LAN. I'm using a Netopia R910 router/firewall that acts as the DHCP server for my home LAN.

The thing WAS working fine, then I tried to run the Networking WIzard, and it's been all bad ever since. I have entered the MAC address manually, and I'm posting from the machine right now. But, if I re-boot for any reason, I will lose my settings and will have to type that netsh garbage at the command line to make it work again. Since I did it myself with the networking wizard, the Marvell is borked in this way also.

I suppose I should also state that I have two other computers on the router, one's even wireless, that work trouble-free. Worst-case scenario is a reinstall (shudder).

what chipset drivers are you using? 6.39 NV chipset drivers are known to be bad for the NV LAN

have you tried the Marvell gigalan?

I show that I'm using the 4.6.6.0 driver dated 10/24/2004. Is there one that I should try instead?

Dialy bizump. I do have this posted in other places, as I'm sure some of you have seen, but I'll keep digging until I find the answer. Then we'll ALL know how to fix this in the future.

Congrats! I was hoping it was software, I was going to offer a workaround but it sucked compared to just fixing the cause of the problem :sweat: