Sign in to follow this  
internetrush

[Resolved] NF4 - If Hard Disk stops working + Or Yellow Slot T1 only?

I bought OCZ's EL Platinum Edition T1 ram (as it says in my signature). When i put it in the yellow slot it doesnt like to boot, this being, once every 5 boots it will. What kinda ram is supposed to go in there? This ram has some of hte tightest timings on the market.

Im thinking of upgrading to 2 gigs but im not sure what type of ram the ULTRA-D requires to boot from the yellow slot.

typo apparently, i could have sworn thats what Newegg.com said when i bought the card but since they updated their website they must have changed it, i bought it basically because it fit my price per performance ratio. Therefore i didnt get to visiting EVGA.com and referanceing Newegg for the specs as i often do when im looking for pure performance.

Thanks for the heads-up though! :)

oh BTW is there a way to flash BIOS without using a FDD drive? im lazy and dont want to buy one... but i will if i have to.

You may need this bios or later 3.16 http://home.no/trac3r/Bios/DFI.LANP...F4/NF4LD316.zip

Enable the 1+3 yellow slot dims

Enables all 4 DIMM slots

A Cajun boy from Duson. Where yat son?

Just a crazy coonass from Baton Rouge originally. Livin' on the coast of Mississippi.

Used to have a family farm in Branch just North of Rayne. You might have to send some fresh crawfish this way before the season is up.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :spam:

oh BTW is there a way to flash BIOS without using a FDD drive? im lazy and dont want to buy one... but i will if i have to.

what ive been doing is using a boot cd that can boot to dos (such as www.ultimatebootcd.com ) to get into dos, and i have a small FAT32 partition on one of my hdds that can be read under dos.

Flashes are sooooooo much faster off the hdd than off a floppy hehe

and i definatly prefer flashing off a hdd than a floppy disk with the amount of bloody floppies that just stop working

thats a good point, i dont understand why you cant just use the CD as the boot/flash utility though, ive never tried it... ill probly flash em this weekend. Either ripping my FDD from one computer to another, but that takes work. Im trying to figrue out how to not work.

So basically if i wanted to do the HDD thing partition off my HDD and then install dos on the 10 meg partition and then create a dir for the flash and run it from there? or what?

Actually according to the Diamond utility, if you can specify to burn to the CD it should boot / flash from the CD no problem... i have never used it though (again) so im giong to have to find out, if anyoen has already tried this and can save me a few reboots and has found and easier way flashing without a floppy lmk.

Guest Booger

Can also use winflash through windows. Been very good to me the last couple of years. No failures. Can be had here: winflash

Might want to drop the overclock for safety's sake if it applies to ya. floppies suk :cat:

A Cajun boy from Duson. Where yat son?

Just a crazy coonass from Baton Rouge originally. Livin' on the coast of Mississippi.

Used to have a family farm in Branch just North of Rayne. You might have to send some fresh crawfish this way before the season is up.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :spam:

Actually I am from a little community called Judice :) which is actually between duson and scott a few miles south of both :) . I definately know where branch is and higgimbottom(sp) . Crawfish time tomorrow :nod: Aint it funny how you meet ppl on the net that you never meet in a smaller place. Keep in touch and PM me sometime. Also come visit us at www.bleedinedge.com I should have a few heatsink reviews up next week that a Company sent me samples of ;)

OK now back to the regularly scheduled thread :spam: