Sign in to follow this  
Fezz

R U Having probs with Half-Life 2?

Hi Ryder,

i went to change my settings to the ones you suggested, but on the second line, under the first line(200), where you have told my to "enable" i dont have that option, its a number value. i do believe its the CAS setting. Maybe the NF4 IS different from NF3.

should i just ignore the "enable and follow what you suggested? making my settings:

auto

auto

auto

auto

auto

auto

auto

auto

enabled

auto

auto

auto

auto

disable

disable

Please help.

tristancarton:

thanx for the links!

My problem isn't that i cant get a high overclock out of the ram though, so far i have them up to ddr540 and i'm not finished seeing what they can do yet either.

I just want to play the game! at stock speeds even, that game doesn't NEED a crazy machine to run it well at all.

The nF3's single channel memory is a bottleneck, as well as the bug with UT engine games. What happens is when you Quit the game or Tab out into the desktop and then try to restore the game, it restarts the computer.

Hi Ryder,

i went to change my settings to the ones you suggested, but on the second line, under the first line(200), where you have told my to "enable" i dont have that option, its a number value. i do believe its the CAS setting. Maybe the NF4 IS different from NF3.

should i just ignore the "enable and follow what you suggested? making my settings:

auto

auto

auto

auto

auto

auto

auto

auto

enabled

auto

auto

auto

auto

disable

disable

Please help.

Again.....Please Help

Again.....Please Help

i dont know if i can help since i am a nf4 dfi lp ut user - but nowhere in your post did you mention that you tested your system stability with the usual tools, like prime95 or, better, OCCT. (Memtest mandatory but just for checking whether your mem works and has enough voltage).

It is very unlikely that you can pass an hour or so OCCT stability test and then (withy the same settings) are unable to play HL2.

If you pass OCCT for an hour and you have problems it MUST be a software/driver problem.

Recommend uninstalling every ATIU/chipset driver, install an OLDER cat first (eg 4.12) and then install a newer one. (I had a problem since i couldnt install a recent CAT, i needed to install an older one first...new cat just wouldnt install for some bizarre reason. Now it works.)

If you KNOW your hardware is stable (OCCT, prime) then you can start hunting down the software problem. Bring some system in your troubleshooting.

The enable in my post...was for CPC...CPC enabled = 1T timing...disabled = 2T timing...if you have CPC set it to enabled or set 2T timing to disabled if its described like that..follow?

tristancarton: U R THE MAN! :sweat: i went to 4.12 and the game ran like it should. I played for maybe an hour, wich is about 100x longer than it used to last(if it even loaded the game). and then i quit the game (it didn't crash!) to come here and thank you.

This was the only game/app that wasn't stable on my machine!!!!!

:angel: your going to heaven man

The hl2 engine does not want to run on nF3 250Gb's fr some reason. There is nothing you can do.

My computer and i both beg to differ

as well as the 120+fps 1280 1024 all set to high in the stress test.