Sign in to follow this  
Prospector

Load temps

Thanks Thunda,I'm using Speedfan to monitor temps,set the shutdown temp at 60c in bios,if I remember right the max temp for the chip is 70.I have 4 of the 7 case fans at 50%speed.

46-48°C under load with the Thermalright XP-120 sounds a bit high unless your ambient room temperatures are in the 75-80°F range. My XP-90 never goes over 42°C at load with 68°F (20°C) ambient. Still, anything under 50°C is probably fine. Is your room warm? Do the temperatures drop appreciably with the case side off? It's possible you used too much or too little TIM between the HSF and the CPU IHS, or that the mounting is just a bit off.

prolly just like my 0429 3400+.... the IHS had really really bad contact..

i removed it and got way lower load temps... removing it dropped temps @ idle 2-4 degrees.. and at load 6-10 degrees...

this was using an xp-90 and i got 50 degrees loaded... after i removed it i got 41-44 or so loaded. @ 1.63v 2.7ghz

Holy crap vista, your room is freezing...mine is usually around 78-80F.

Yeah, I like cool! Year-round I run 67-68° ambient in a tshirt and shorts. For testing I turned the furnace up to 74°F the other day to simulate worst-case summer when the A/C can't keep up, and still that XP-90 kept things at 42°C max load. And I know I used too much AS5 on the install and the HS isn't lapped, so I'm sure I could get a shave a few more degrees off that. Idle temps are 26-28°C.

Damn, I live in AZ, so we get temps of like 120F...ridiculous. I don't care how hard your AC is blowing, it still gets like 80F in the rooms with temps like that outside, lol.

Effin Arizona, I'm from San Diego, so I still love going back to visit :D

Worst case scenario?? haha you guys should try my room...bloody furnace in here since the air conditioning went kaput years ago. from singapore here so yeah weather is quite hot...under prime95 my load temps can hit up to 60degC. i hope i'll be able to set up water cooling soon. jus need the damn block :rolleyes:

chenhui where ya from? sounds like ur temps are near my whereabouts hehe