Sign in to follow this  
Crazy_Eddy

Athlon 64 Mobile 90nm 35W

3tripnip if ure not in a hurry.

U should wait 4 the 62w Mobiles Newark Core.

Not The 35w...Most likely it will be a turion.

I don't think they're Turion cores, I think they're Winchester (90nm, 512k L2). The company has updated their website, so the 35W 3200+ and 3400+ are no longer there. The rep is getting me the manufacturers part number for the 3000+ model. I'm kinda leaning towards a Clawhammer-core mobile though since I do a lot of gaming, but I'm still not sure. Thoughts?

-Ben

BTW, hope I'm not hijacking your thread, 'Crazy_Eddy'. :) I can start a new thread if you think I am.

3tripnip if ure not in a hurry.

U should wait 4 the 62w Mobiles Newark Core.

this seems to be the consensus.

edit: newarks will be 35W, while some are guessing the recently announced rev.E 62W mobiles will basically be san diego cores.

What is the ETA for the Newark cores? Can't seem to find a guess-timate on the web anywhere. Thanks for the help!

-Ben

well, to bring this thread back to life...I've been clocking the extreme hell out of a Sempron 2600+ lately (1600Mhz @ 2660Mhz in the OCDB, and now I am working on 2752Mhz on it)

and decided with the new NF4X Infinity (754 + PCI-E) that I would finally get a Mobile 754...and went with an ML-32 Turion:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA21538

anyone have any comments on their Turion clocking let me know, I'd like to see what others have been able to achieve with their Turions ;)

AG,

the early results I saw with the MT-34 CPUs was about as good as an average clawhammer... nothing amazing at all. that was literally a week after the official release tho, so those guys may have jus receive a poor early stepping, or maybe the BIOS didnt like the new 90nm core

yours is the lower power version and AMD hav had a good chance to improve the process so who knows, you may get lucky

is yours 1MB or 512KB?

ag, what are the odds of you trying out a rev.E mobile (newark) for us? that's what i'm holding out for. supposedly, these are basically san diegos. but shentech.com seems to still be the only retail channel for these things, even after six months it seems like.