Sign in to follow this  
sidpaul

cant find a newer BIOS

hi,

just got a new board after RMA'ing it to newegg. the earlier one had no sound from the right channel. my problem is even after normal booting my temps are CPU 55deg C, system 37deg C . using BIOS date 08/27/04..read articles in this forum which said if i updated to a newer BIOS the problems shld go. but on the DFI website the BIOS is the same that i have..

any links???

the bios from award dated 09/14/04 are absolutelty the best to flash your mobo...lower my temps from 39c idle and 51 loaded to 31 idle...38 loaded

they're all beta except the shipping august 04 bios. one advantage to the more recent betas, is they enable the use of interleaving, which provides a significant boost in memory bandwidth. ( perhaps at the cost of max MHz )

they're all beta except the shipping august 04 bios. one advantage to the more recent betas, is they enable the use of interleaving, which provides a significant boost in memory bandwidth. ( perhaps at the cost of max MHz )

is the new 04/15 BIOS stable??? i dont wanna take chances coz i already RMA'ed a board today as it had only 1 channel working

thnx for the link but i wanna know if the new BIOS Is good

downloaded the official 9/14 and the temps immediately came down