Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket 939 Discussion Thread

That's the problem on other forums. Everybody is stable at 3.0 and above. Then someone is here asking for help because his processor is the only one that isn't stable. Since TheFlowerKing started the AMD 3GHz Club I've seen a couple of people posting in that thread that are "100% stable" on other forums at 3.0+ but I've yet to see an OCDB entry from them. I think that pretty well sums it up.

That's what GGG is about. You say you can do it, prove it or cry to your mum.

Sig clocks (e-penis) are like RL-penis.. everyone talks it up but when you get into the bedroom with your missus your "stability" is 300MHz lower than you bragged. :shake:

yeah that's almost pathetic...i mean if you don't got it then you don't got it. just like my rig right now i can easily boot up at 3006mhz no problem. i've been workin my arse off to get prime stable on this so i can put up an entry and get on ggg but i dunno i got prime 6.5 hrs so far :sad: haha GRRRRR!!! it's killin me but not ready to give up just yet :nod:

::edit:: i did manage to find my max for stock voltage. ocdb entry comin up soon. at least i kno what i'll be running 24/7 at. and i say not too shabby ;) i LOVE my chip!!!

My 170 does 4.2GHz on air cooler with no fan. Peak temp is -120 deg C. And my 50million900gtx does 900/7600.. oh wait.. you want a screenshot? *exit stage left*

My 170 does 4.2GHz on air cooler with no fan. Peak temp is -120 deg C. And my 50million900gtx does 900/7600.. oh wait.. you want a screenshot? *exit stage left*

what?? that's IT? weeeeeak! hahaha :shake:

yeah that's almost pathetic...i mean if you don't got it then you don't got it. just like my rig right now i can easily boot up at 3006mhz no problem. i've been workin my arse off to get prime stable on this so i can put up an entry and get on ggg but i dunno i got prime 6.5 hrs so far :sad: haha GRRRRR!!! it's killin me but not ready to give up just yet :nod:

::edit:: i did manage to find my max for stock voltage. ocdb entry comin up soon. at least i kno what i'll be running 24/7 at. and i say not too shabby ;) i LOVE my chip!!!

Dude, your stock vcore OC is spanking me silly, ouch, oow, you're my daddy...... :drool:

Got a jig saw? I've been meaning to post some pics in the case mod section. I made a template for use with either a jig saw or dremel (jig saw is easier) for making a blow hole and a mount for a 120mm. I can make whatever size (92mm, 80mm, etc)...

I'll post a link once I get the pics up...

all i got for a tool is a drill set(putting together furnitures)...i just came out of college not too long ago so havn't had much use for tools yet. time to start shopping at home depot and start becoming a man! haha

I got a box of ear plugs by my door when things like that happen . I open the door hand them ear plugs and say call me in the morning. I got work to do :nod: shuts them right up :D

that's awesome molt. too bad i live in an apt i'd have to supply a box of those to my entire unit.

Got a jig saw? I've been meaning to post some pics in the case mod section. I made a template for use with either a jig saw or dremel (jig saw is easier) for making a blow hole and a mount for a 120mm. I can make whatever size (92mm, 80mm, etc)...

I'll post a link once I get the pics up...

hey

try these out...

http://www.angrygames.com/files/fanhole_templates.zip

my case cutting guy (this guy been working with cutting sheetmetal and welding etc for over 30 years) uses them and the holes come out perfect if you know what you are doing....

hey

try these out...

http://www.angrygames.com/files/fanhole_templates.zip

my case cutting guy (this guy been working with cutting sheetmetal and welding etc for over 30 years) uses them and the holes come out perfect if you know what you are doing....

Thanks Happy (still not used to your new handle)...My template is made of metal and you stick it on with two sided tape. Helps guide the saw blade and provides pilot holes for accurate drilling...got all my hole patterns off of the Sunon website. Anyway, I'll post it up and if there's any interest I'll whip up a dozen or so kits...

Hey l3lackh0le...don't forget your tool belt and ya gotta sport a "plumbers crack" as well :nod: Drives all the girls crazy!!!!hehehehehehehe!!!!!!

Dude, your stock vcore OC is spanking me silly, ouch, oow, you're my daddy...... :drool:

Yea really.. !!

l3lackh0le.. better keep your doors and windows shut because I might try to steal that cpu of yours.. lol.. But its ok if I cant get yours im going after Praz's cpu next.

:shake:

all i got for a tool is a drill set(putting together furnitures)...i just came out of college not too long ago so havn't had much use for tools yet. time to start shopping at home depot and start becoming a man! haha

that's awesome molt. too bad i live in an apt i'd have to supply a box of those to my entire unit.

:nod: I do live in a

apt ;)

Yea really.. !!

l3lackh0le.. better keep your doors and windows shut because I might try to steal that cpu of yours.. lol.. But its ok if I cant get yours im going after Praz's cpu next.

At least it would get some use. When I move on to my next cpu it will probably collect dust on my workbench just like my 0550VPMW is. I have a hard time getting rid of things.

Yea really.. !!

haha i better board up my windows and bolt up my door! jees sounds like praz wouldn't even care. might as well go for his. ;)

Hey l3lackh0le...don't forget your tool belt and ya gotta sport a "plumbers crack" as well :nod: Drives all the girls crazy!!!!hehehehehehehe!!!!!!

hahaha o man my gf already thinks i'm the biggest geek in the world w/ my comp/oc jibberish. i have a feeling she wouldn't be too thrilled about my power tool projects. btw i'm just a tall and lightweight asian kid so i'm not sure how well i can pull of that "plumber" look.

Guest LithoTech
btw i'm just a tall and lightweight asian kid so i'm not sure how well i can pull of that "plumber" look.

Ya gotta make sure you eat enough of the three main food groups:

1) grease

2) fat

3) alcohol

Oh, and no excersize, except for ..