Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angry, I tried to follow the settings on your database, unfortunately I would not be able to

even get to post. Then I found your other settings and followed them all except for the vcore and fsb settings. My settings for them are 250/x10, 200 1/01, 2.5 3 3 7 for my rams. I was able to prime for more than twenty four hours and I am working on to complete the requirements of the database. I just bought myself a digital camera and took some pics. Will post them as soon as I complete the requirements. I am new at this so I am going to ask you, how do I add the pictures to my post?

**edit**

tweaked it up to 260 x 10, DRAM Freq at 180, 2.5-3-3-6............

Prime95 been running for more than 4 hours and hope to achieve 8+ hours

**re-edit**

DANG!!!!! Only 5 hrs for that setting

take screenshots with your keyboard (Prnt Scrn button) and use MS Paint to paste them into, then save as BMP and zip them up and send them to me, I will make them jpg's with Photoshop and host them for you, give you the links etc.

then you just create a post in the Database itself and list everything just like I have (you dont have to link to all of your equip but you must list all of your equip like I have, all of your settings, and all of your screenshots)

there's a template text file attached to the rules post as well as the second post in this thread.

take screenshots with your keyboard (Prnt Scrn button) and use MS Paint to paste them into, then save as BMP and zip them up and send them to me, I will make them jpg's with Photoshop and host them for you, give you the links etc.

then you just create a post in the Database itself and list everything just like I have (you dont have to link to all of your equip but you must list all of your equip like I have, all of your settings, and all of your screenshots)

there's a template text file attached to the rules post as well as the second post in this thread.

MSPaint can save JPGs too. Most people don't like saving JPGs in paint because they were turned off to the low quality in previous versions of Windows. However, in newer versions of Windows MSPaint can save JPGs just as good as Photoshop... well maybe not just as good... but still good.

the problem with MS PAINT saving jpeg's is that they tend to save them at very high file sizes. I use photoshop to adjust the level of quality and it is much better since i can use lower quality settings to get very low file sizes while still maintaining excellent image quality.

with MS paint you get a choice of saving as a jpeg....or not.

Which one of the 939 data bases would be best suitable for mine? I've kind a been watching for a similar setup base to be posted, "cpu, ram, ultras", but have'nt seen any yet. Need to get this thing warmed up a little.

Which one of the 939 data bases would be best suitable for mine?

er...there's only one database for 939 ;)

just do your overclocking, take screenshots of everything that we have in the Database (pretty simple, just follow instructions and use our DB entries as a guide!) and then use the template to put it all together (change the stuff in the template to show your settings/pics/etc), and then post it in teh DB thread the corresponds to your cpu socket type (939!)

if there's a problem with it, I will alert you and let you know what needs to be fixed!

It's my memory that's holding me back right now, but I expected that from the beginning. I peeled the covers off one of my pieces of memory just to confirm that I had ch 5. :(

Unfortunately, there's no budget left for me to invest in new memory right now, so I'll live with my ram running with a divider. Besides, if nothing else, I do get to run with the factory specified timings, so I get good bandwidth and speeds from the ram.