Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Well I tried at least 6x to get Futuremark to accept my 3DMark06 score as valid.

Uninstalled the 91.47 driver, ran Driver Cleaner and installed the approved 93.71 driver.

Put the clock frequency settings at default but no joy so what you see is what you get.

Bill

can you pass the 3dMark06 benchmark? just as long as it passes it's fine, you don't need to show a score just that text that saids it passed it.

More of a general question. I have an opty 165 and I want to put an entry in the OCDB. When I run SP2004 or orthos on blend the "Paging" button starts to flash. I have shut down all the other apps and it seems to have no effect at all. Any ideas?

It should only flash red for a little while maybe 2mins tops, just as long as it's not running for longer than 10mins or even the whole 8 hours, lol

otherwise you should be fine.

Sharptooth+, you gotta have that 3dmark01 score in with your Orthos, and CPUz. I know it's a pain to re-run orthos, but your post will probably get deleted if you don't fix it.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...8&postcount=401

pic #1 - Run SP2004 (single-core cpu's) or Orthos (dual-core cpu's).

Use "Blend" option. (see THIS PICTURE for details).

The SP2004 (single-core cpu's) or Orthos (dual-core cpu's)tests MUST be run a minimum of 8 hours.

The first screenshot MUST contain the following:, 2x CPU-Z (latest) screens, one showing the first tab (cpu info) and one showing the memory tab (timings), along with one finished benchmark of 3dMark2001SE.

The Screenshot should clearly show all of the above in the SAME picture.

It should only flash red for a little while maybe 2mins tops, just as long as it's not running for longer than 10mins or even the whole 8 hours, lol

otherwise you should be fine.

2 min to 10mins :eek2: I don't think i've ever seen mine "Page" for longer than 40secs at the begining of an Orthos run. Why would it take 2-10mins?

2 min to 10mins :eek2: I don't think i've ever seen mine "Page" for longer than 40secs at the begining of an Orthos run. Why would it take 2-10mins?

same here, mine would only flash for 1min tops but averages 4-10secs. but I would assume 10mins is not bad as it should eat up to much disk space. but i never experienced that.

OK I just added an Asus mobo to the OCDB

It's not a Big OC, not bad for crapy value memory

I might Crank out another using some G.Skill HZ's in it:D

Okay, I've added a couple of new OCDB posts. My original was deleted (as it should) because I forgot to run 3DMark2001SE in the same screen as Orthos and the CPU-Z tabs. That's okay. 334x9 was not 100% 3D stable anyways. It would crash (lockup) playing EverQuest II Echoes of Faydwer and also with a single run of 3DMark03 (if not immediately run after Orthos for 8+ hours). This had me chasing my tail trying to figure out. I couldn't explain why 3DMark03 would sometimes pass and other times lock up. It's strange that there's no issue with 3DMark2001SE, 05 and 06.

Anyways, backing the OC down to 2952MHz (9x328) seems to have solved everything so far. No crashes in either EQII or 3DMark03 (as well as all other benchmarks in the OCDB). Oh well, I thought I had a good chance with an Opteron 170 (CCBBE Stepping) of achieving the famed (but elusive) 3000MHz but came rather close. I lost ~50MHz in total cpu speed but gained 18MHz in ram OC (268MHz vs 250MHz) which is not bad with Mushkin XP4000 (2x1GB) @3-3-7-3 @2.7v.

--Fernando

3d03 is one of the roughest test for stability. I run Orthos set to Blend, Priority 9 with 3dMark03 CPU Test #2 looping. If Orthos is still going after an hour and a half it's a pretty sure thing the system is stable.

Okay, I've added a couple of new OCDB posts. My original was deleted (as it should) because I forgot to run 3DMark2001SE in the same screen as Orthos and the CPU-Z tabs. That's okay. 334x9 was not 100% 3D stable anyways. It would crash (lockup) playing EverQuest II Echoes of Faydwer and also with a single run of 3DMark03 (if not immediately run after Orthos for 8+ hours). This had me chasing my tail trying to figure out. I couldn't explain why 3DMark03 would sometimes pass and other times lock up. It's strange that there's no issue with 3DMark2001SE, 05 and 06.

Anyways, backing the OC down to 2952MHz (9x328) seems to have solved everything so far. No crashes in either EQII or 3DMark03 (as well as all other benchmarks in the OCDB). Oh well, I thought I had a good chance with an Opteron 170 (CCBBE Stepping) of achieving the famed (but elusive) 3000MHz but came rather close. I lost ~50MHz in total cpu speed but gained 18MHz in ram OC (268MHz vs 250MHz) which is not bad with Mushkin XP4000 (2x1GB) @3-3-7-3 @2.7v.

--Fernando

What DDS level are you running? and did you try 2.63v on them? i find that the DDS 8 works well at ~270Mhz at 3-3-2-6 2.63v. are yours using the CE5 modules?

3d03 is one of the roughest test for stability. I run Orthos set to Blend, Priority 9 with 3dMark03 CPU Test #2 looping. If Orthos is still going after an hour and a half it's a pretty sure thing the system is stable.

I agree with you. In testing 9x334 and Mushkin memory running at 250MHz (150=3/4) [email protected], it would consistently lock up with 3DMark03 even though it would pass the other 3DMarks.

The funny thing is, ONLY after running Orthos for several hours THEN IMMEDIATELY running 3DMark03 was the only way it would complete the test without lock ups.

It's almost like running Orthos conditions the memory controller for a bit; long enough to complete 3DMark03 (if ran right after). It appears like the memory controller resorts back and can't complete it anymore after its had time to cool off or something.

--Fernando