Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Praz nice entry on the OCDB, glad you got those Munskin XP's at the 166 divider :) any slow downs in 3dmarks?

I'm getting an X2 video card soon I can't wait to see what it can produce, also been thinking of buying another 2G kit to hit 2T since I'll be needing all the RAM I can get for Video,3d,2d editing. Have you tried DRAM Strenght at "Fast" seems memtest stable here.

I HAVE looked, and REALLY tried and THOUGHT mine was formated and looked like it should have. I really have no idea what was wrong with my last two entries. I'd like to have someone, Happy, Praz, Lowboy, soundx98, anyone that can delete, or can't, explain what I did wrong in my entries. To have them deleted 2 weeks or so after they were entered with no explination kinda...wtfsign.gif pisses me off. I thought I was "playing by the rules"... I made the "my glasses need new batterees" joke... haha! :rolleyes: But I really don't get what was wrong or why no one is willing to help. Again, I'm not feeling any love here. Maybe I'm just a classy lady... icon3.gif but I feel I contribute a little. I got two squares, not that I know what that means... I dont' take it personal that my entry was deleted if I did it worng, help a brotha out and point me in the correct direction. happy23.gif

This, twak.gif, doesn't help. Makes me want to move on, utilize my downtime at work in a more user friendly enviorment. Kinda make me feel my DFI boards aren't worth the hassle. That WAS a big reason I got my first DFI board. I was told, and then came here and saw for myself that the mods here ARE from DFI, and do help, and SEEMED to have a nice community here. I really didn't participate that much until I focused on getting an OCDB. I kinda feel once you get an entry you have put forth effort to belong, well, you belong.

well now I just deleted two more 939 OCDB posts because it seems people still, to this day, which is an amazing feat of laziness and ignorance, cannot be bothered to read the rules that state SP2004 IS NOT ALLOWED UNLESS YOU ARE USING AM2 OR LGA775!

sheesh people...what is the problem?

This is probably as close to a response as I have gotten for my efforts... Gives you that warm a fuzzy feeling too, huh2.gif

All I want is a: Hey, you screenys are F'd up, your BIOS settings are in the wrong format, change this... try this way, not: which is an amazing feat of laziness and ignorance or now look here boys... That feels more like whoopin.gif, than a helping hand or the critisism of a fellow community member.

Are we really welcomed and wanted here?

Thanks guys

likewhoa

The 3dMark benches appear to run fine. All the options for DRAM Response Time appear stable. I saw no difference in memory tests, Super_Pi or 3dMark with the different settings so I left it on Normal. I was going to do another entry with the CAS set at 2.5 but I haven't been able find stability past 270.

allthatwhichis

If the entry is deleted it will be hard for anyone to know what the problem was with it. I'm sure whoever deleted it will say why when they see your post.

allthatwhichis- I didn't notice anything with your post but can't remember for sure if everything was together right. I think your a good part of the street and if you want help to make sure your next entry is right pm me and i'll help you make sure it's exact before it is posted.

Praz it looks good. :)

I can't get CAS pass 270 either :( but then again I can't even set anything below the 166 divider and I'll probably have to figure that out when I try to push pass 3.1Ghz

I'll be making some noise soon once I get some time to mount this TEC on my opty

take some advice from me,.. save your OCDB entries on file just in case. it's like new hardware, if it doesn't break after 30days you can't get your money back.

You can try asking Angry_Games for your money back but I think you'll just get a hockey buck in your mouth :P

I don't have any problems with the 150 divider. But I fall short there too. I can't get CAS 2.0 stable past 250. It really doesn't matter how well ram clocks. It always seems to fall just short of the optimal settings.

Thanks Praz, oc newbie. To be frank, Praz is why I jumped through the hoops to begin with... rolleyes.gif grinser2.gif You can only be pointed to the OC guide so many times... And it looks like H_G deleted them, both times. The first time it was clear, well the why was, the rules weren't as clear, then, they are now, or so I thought... That's why I suggested the PM... I'll even take the twak.gif, put it here, but some sense of what is wrong would be helpful. Especially before I make another attempt. I mean if was a bad screeny, point it out, i'll redo THAT screeny, or all if needed, was it the BIOS setting text? I can re-do those, but to re-do it all without knowing, it is obvious I can't see well I guess. I'm comparing my pitures to other OCDBs that were not deleted and cannot find my mistake. help.gif My OCDB's been deleted and I don't get why... awman.gif

And I don't want my money back... The only money I have given was to support the community. I really don't plan on going Intel... and if Angry/Happy can get a hocky puck from Idaho to Florida he needs to give up on computers and spen ALL his time in a rink. I bet Hocky pays WAY better than DFI. What I want is to feel like a valued part of OUR community here... grouphug.gif

WOW, my 400th post...

It really doesn't matter how well ram clocks. It always seems to fall just short of the optimal settings.

:D Another Prazism

I don't have any problems with the 150 divider. But I fall short there too. I can't get CAS 2.0 stable past 250. It really doesn't matter how well ram clocks. It always seems to fall just short of the optimal settings.

That's funny, with my CABNE I could run 11 X 273 easy enough but my RAM crapped out at 272.... Been there...