Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Yes im using a Maze4.. Idle is 36c right now and load gets to around 42c or so.. Its a little warm in my room right now too, 25c.. This is with it running at 738/850 1.55/2.25/2.086/1.575 (my new stable settings)

I have vga sinks on the ram and the vregs.. I also have a 80mm fan hanging with twist ties which cools the vreg and ram sinks..

Ill snap a pic in a few and post it.. ;)

Thanks for the pictures. I'm looking at the MCM60 and MC14 ramsinks. I just need to find some type of deal on a card.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it appears mine is only good for 245MHz @ 2-2-2-5-1T. I'll probably tighten it to 1.5-2-2-0-1T and call it even.

I cannot get my CPU to get stable at 2.8GHz. I can run small FTT dual prime but the second I start adding in memory stresses it fails. If I put a divider on the ram and put it at 200MHz it will still fail when I add in memory stress. If I go back to 2.7GHz I can use the ram, dual prime stable, with stress, with the ram at 245MHz. This problem does not respond to CPU voltage. WTF...

Well, it appears mine is only good for 245MHz @ 2-2-2-5-1T. I'll probably tighten it to 1.5-2-2-0-1T and call it even.

I cannot get my CPU to get stable at 2.8GHz. I can run small FTT dual prime but the second I start adding in memory stresses it fails. If I put a divider on the ram and put it at 200MHz it will still fail when I add in memory stress. If I go back to 2.7GHz I can use the ram, dual prime stable, with stress, with the ram at 245MHz. This problem does not respond to CPU voltage. WTF...

Have you tried changing MAL/RP settings. If I increase FSB 1MHZ more I have to raise RP to 4.0 for stability.

My entry is up. I didn't know there was a 10 image maximum per post so some of the pics are just links :/

Nice job on the OC man. I bet that chip has some room in it yet. Well done!

RP is 5 and MAL is 7

Try adjusting either/both of those. Both settings have an influence on the memory controller. The critical one for me is RP. It has a big influence on my being able to increase the FSB regardless of divider.. On the other hand, if I set MAL too low Windows won't load. Anything above that and I'm ok. Others have had a different experience with MAL though. Anything above or below a certain value causes instability. Another thing to try is upping your VCORE. I'm stable with 0.02V less VCORE with my HZ sticks then with my EB.

My entry is up./

Nice overclock. You can probably squeeze a little more out of it if your memory will hold up at those settings.

Guest LithoTech
ahh.. so you where only putting 3.2 into it before ?

Of course its not going to go anywhere with 3.2v.. ;)

There is something odd here, because mine ran just fine at 250mhz 2-2-2-5 and only 3.2volts.

Also, my SPD values show up just fine in cpuz:

cpuzcentonspd3wt.jpg

centon250p950ad.jpg

I had problems with normal drive strength values, and since it auto'd to weak most of my stable settings are using DS 7.

I am wondering what might be different here, his ram should'nt have a problem hitting or passing 250mhz. Our SPD should be the same unless he or I got some old or new stock, at least you'd think they'd be programmed the same.

Thrax, I'll post some pics of my sticks, are yours exactly the same as mine?

Heatspeaders, lable, etc?

Part number in my cpuz screen match anything on your bill?

/edit: Oh, here are the settings that were used for the 250mhz 2-2-2-5 screen above, A64Info. I see my high tRC helping me use less voltage, I remember wanting to see how much they would do before having to flip the jumper:

centoninfo5xx.jpg