Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, thanks. After some more searching I found the thread all about the gskill timings (and many of them with opty's) and for the most part they all look the same, or very close so hopefully this'll be easy:)

Guest navinjohnson

Just put up my first entry. Hopefully I will have an update to 2.8ghz+ in a couple weeks, and a second entry in a month or two.

There is a link to it in my sig.

Guest navinjohnson

Yeah, I think it might. I was windows bootable @ 2.9 with 1.45v. Past 1.5v Things were getting a little hot (56+C load), so I am getting some better 120mm case fans to help up my air flow before I push it too far past 2.8. I'm sure they will do the trick since I shot a oscillating fan at the front and noticed a 3C drop in temp lol. If I run into heat problems after that, I might take off the IHS. I move this computer around a bit, so I'm a little iffy on that though.

If you are running a heavy heatsink and travel alot with your rig it's probably best not to remove the ihs. Of cource there is always the option of removing it at the house and reinstalling when you get there. It would have been nice if they gave us a four hole mounting instead of the two.