Sign in to follow this  
Alphamale

??good, High Quality Cables??

whoa - whoa - whoa

I was letting you guys know my humble opinion of the BS. I have 3 NF2s and an NF4 so a spare bios (pre-flashed to 6-19) chip is much better for me. I'm covered no matter which of the NF2s I dork. Plus I've gotten pretty good at hot flashing in case I trash the 64. :)

Depending on level of expertise (or frustration with broken wires) a Bios Savior may be a better option for some. I DO have 2 RD1-PCM4s. just not big on the wires and crap.

As long as you are protected, that is the important thing.

P.S. Never ride bareback.

well back onto the subject, i like the dfi cables there very good quality compaired to some others i've bought, like the second set shown in american $'s (sorry didn't like the quality). there's some company called black hole or something like that i'll find the link... there cables were sweet.... aerocooler.com has some nice uv green/glow in the dark sata cables (very short too! other than that i think bestbyte.com had some nice floppy uv ones.

Black hole cables (very sweet, but ofcourse $)

Well i ended up opting for the Belkin IDE Cable. Clear with Silver Braid with UV reactive pigment, 18", for £6.20(about $11). Its just the right size for my requirements and is superb quality :)

Also got the matching Belkin 10" Floppy Cable.

Some matching SATA cables would be nice too. Though the ones that came with my DFI Infinity seem to be of good quality.

Well i ended up opting for the Belkin IDE Cable. Clear with Silver Braid with UV reactive pigment, 18", for £6.20(about $11). Its just the right size for my requirements and is superb quality :)

Also got the matching Belkin 10" Floppy Cable.

Some matching SATA cables would be nice too. Though the ones that came with my DFI Infinity seem to be of good quality.

yea those belkins look nice, and i've allways been happy with there products (great quality)

the dfi cables are definately sweet but the sata cables are a little long, and one of the ide cables could have had a longer connector on the one side.

btw does it matter if i plug the mobo connector to the master/slave and then the slave into the mobo so it goes short to long instead of long to short?... if that makes sense.....

for example a normal 3 connector ide goes

SYSTEM BOARD connector , 6" of cable, slave connector, 3" cable, primary connector.

just wondering if i can reverse the cable completely so its

primary connector to mobo, 3" cable, slave connector to slave drive, then 6" cable, to original system board connector now plugged into primary drive.

Guest Tmod

Usually you need to place the blue connector of the IDE cable into the motherboard.

They were manufactured that way for a reason and I think it has something to do with the grounding of the cable.

This is of course assuming that You and I are talking about the same thing.

Tmod

Usually you need to place the blue connector of the IDE cable into the motherboard.

They were manufactured that way for a reason and I think it has something to do with the grounding of the cable.

This is of course assuming that You and I are talking about the same thing.

Tmod

damn damn damn.... i need cables that are like reversed.... :rolleyes:

here's something new anyone ever gotten a bad cable?

i just went to access my floppy drive after i swapped to a new uv clear cable, and it told me to insert floppy.... well ..... the floppy was inserted... WTF!??!?! hmmm ok maybe cable is miss seated.... check, nope all good, checked mobo too all good there, reboot.... same prob... ok. maybe i had it backwards, power down, swap cable around, boot up, nope same prob, stick my dfi cable back in. and BAM we have floppy.... WTF?! :confused:

Hmmm that does sound like a dodgy cable.

When i first fitted my new Belkin Floppy Cable i put it in the wrong way around. The Floppy LED was just on constantly and it wouldn't work, so i just swapped it around and it worked fine. Saying you've already tried this and it ain't workin it does sound like the cables dodgy :(

My IDE cables connectors were labelled clearly, master, slave and mainboard, but the Floppy cables aren't.

yea it's not the normal light on if you have it wrong. it goes to access as normal, but when it does it says insert floppy, no matter what direction i have it. :P