Sign in to follow this  
Alphamale

??good, High Quality Cables??

Guest Tmod

playah,

IOSS is the only one that makes anything like the Bios Savior.

I have 4 of these in systems with no problems what so ever.

Tmod

Thanks Tmod,I feel better already,I've made a few purchases lately without doing thorough research and I regret it,glad this isn't another one

Soundx98,don't understand?,RTV to keep wires from breaking?

Guest Tmod

I do agree with soundx98 that the wires coming out of the switch could be more flexible then they are.

I have had one wire break on me when I purchased a used Bios Savior.

By putting RTV on the wires at the switch you will prevent the wires from breaking off.

The broken wires are easy to fix but agreeing with soundx98 if that was his problem is something you shouldn't have to do.

Tmod

wires have broken on two multiple times. Hopin' the RTV solves the problem.

Guest Tmod

soundx98,

When I repaired the one, I used a stiffer heat shrink on the ends and it took the load off of the wire itself.

The heatshrink on the stock units is a little flimsy.

Tmod

Guys, is this the correct Bios Saviour for the DFI AMD boards? It says Intel next to it. But it is an IOSS RD1-PMC4.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo...roductID=121487

Thats cheap too! Other place i was looking at was wanting £28.

Scan are only down the road from where i live so i may nip down there myself to pick it up. Their delivery prices are atrocious and cost nearly as much as the Bios Saviour itself :mad:

Bios Savior? http://www.frozencpu.com/bio-04.html

RD1-PMC4

Got a tip from EMC2 at xtreme and he suggested using a bit of RTV to keep the wires from breakin'.

Probably better off just ordering a pre-flashed 3-10 Spare Chip from Tmod.

Yes, that is the correct one. But I stand by my statement. :)

Thanks Soundx. I do already have a Spare Bios Chip flashed with the latest Bios. Is it worth getting a Bios Saviour then?

I just thought that with a Bios Saviour i thought it would be a lot less messing around, switching Bios Chips and hotflashing the bad one, if anything ever went wrong.

Guest Tmod

If you have a spare bios chip the Bios Savior is a time saver and that is about it.

The reason that said Intel is the PMC4 was originally intended for the Intel board until the Bios chip manufacturers wanted to streamline and they created a dual purpose chip so to speak.

It used to be that the SST 49LF040 was for non Intel boards and the SST 49LF004A was for Intel boards. Now they created the 49LF004B which serves both purposes.

Tmod

If you have a spare bios chip the Bios Savior is a time saver and that is about it

Got to agree with Tmod on that.

I actually think it's safer for more folks to have a pre-flashed spare bios chip than a bios savior. Seems like there is less to go wrong as long as the spare is inserted correctly.

Well I wish I'da knowd dat earlier,seems like every old thread on ocing,people was talkin bout "git a bios saviour".....still, if it works,seems very convenient

SoundX98,where ya gonna post mbm5 for NFII, in 32 bit section?