NF4-SLI-DR powered down now no POST

Still stuck, what the heck is going on...after cmos cleared in another 8 hours machine posted again. again went in and set cpu vid control to 1.425 set ram voltage to 2.9 saved settings rebooted ok....Moved jp17 to 4v booted same machine hung up again... first 3 lights lit 4th light flashes and goes out.

The first time I set this machine up I didnt have a problem with this...am I missing something?

Is it possible that somehow my 4v setting is burned out and will only work on default now???

I am not even overclocking at all I cant get this done at stock settings

Please Help I am at a loss here

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For JP17 to +5 from +3, you must have VID set to auto. then go back in change VID to a value, save, then go back in again and you will see 3.2v+ selectable.

if a value is set for VID and u jump to +5, you will go through no POST syndrome (what you are experiencing (what i gathered from your last post)).

edit:

set VID to Auto -> save -> wait for POST -> shutdown -> switch off -> unplug -> wait for yellow lights to turn off -> jump to +5 -> plug in -> switch on -> power up -> set VID to any value -> save -> reenter bios -> now you will see past 3.2v selectable.

edit:

set VID to Auto -> save -> wait for POST -> shutdown -> switch off -> unplug -> wait for yellow lights to turn off -> jump to +5 -> plug in -> switch on -> power up -> set VID to any value -> save -> reenter bios -> now you will see past 3.2v selectable.

Man, I learn something new everyday. This little piece of info should go with the setup guide that Ed did.

Manual says you must set a value for cpu vid control any voltage except auto, I will give it a shot though

Funny on intial setup this was a non issue I know I set a value shutdown pinned over and booted back up

Ok didnt help at all pershoot, no matter what setting I seem to have Auto or not soon as I pin over to the 4v side the machine hangs in the no post state, now I need to wait another 8 hours for the CMOS to clear again GAH!!!!!

i got tons of 3 leds and no reboot, which happen after i tests some UTT rams .. well the point is, switching somethinh physically (sorry for the spelling),

so i have a "routine" to deal with the problems , :

1. unplug all cables, PSU power chord, VGA connector and even ethernet.. i mean ALL

2. press RESET and POWER a couple of time, to get rid of existing electricity

3. unplug your VGA card

4. Plug your VGA back

5. CLEAR CMOS if needed *

6. Put back your VGA connector, and then your PSU power chord

7. Power ON

8. if it not starts (it ussualy not :P) , press reset.. and 90% im back smiling again. 10% push another reset and it worked

9. If not worked, then move your VGA into 2nd PCI-X slot (dont forget to do the routine)

10. if it NOT working.... do the routine until step 5, unplug the CMOS battery, put it back again...and then leave it for about an hour or more

11. grab your self a glass of coffee or a beer, or better go out and go to the mall... :D

12. cross your finger and turn her back on..

hope it helps

regards,

D

*i ussualy never clear CMOS when im only switching RAM's or anything physic, but sometime things getting uglier and need to CLEAR CMOS

if the method i described above did not work for you, and you get no POST, i will have to assume your PSU is incompatible, and or another incompatibility in your system.

with Angry's method i get the same no POST as desribed above. with the method i described, i POST. numerous others as well benefit from method #2 as well when method #1 resulted in a no POST. unfortunately, you have tried both and resulted in a no POST. so there must be something else up...

edit:

try another PSU and strip the machine to bare essentials (1 stick of ram, no hdd, no cards, etc.) only. try method #2 first (mine) then try method #1 (angry's) if that fails you. if you can take it out of the case for troubleshooting, that would also be good too, but first work from the former and then the latter if that fails you.

Just an update

The machine runs fine as long as I dont switch up to the 4v setting(jp17)

just slooooww :( ... need 3.3v for my VX ram

Is my board hosed? I didnt have this problem when I first set this machine up a month ago, just moved it over and bumped my voltage, no Bios hang or anything else freaky.

ive got similar issues:

using vx on the 5v rail it will be rock solid for weeks at a time - but if i power down all the way i get a no post the next time i start up.........and to top things off - today while playing hl2 which i have done for hours on end up to today - the entire computer powered down - no blue screen no beeping - nothing just bam off........reset button - beeping no post...

pull the vx - pop in the tccd bingo it boots right up........ i had originally thought it was a bios issue but it has now done this for me with all of the recent bios' .....

so

tccd - good

vx - appears to be good for weeks and then out of the blue - bad

the real test was today though - got the long beep no post - clear cmos - pop in tccd boot to windows.......power down - clear cmos - pop in vx - reboot - long beep no post - so something fishy is going on....