NF4-SLI-DR powered down now no POST

I have been running my Rig for about a month, no issues. Picked up a new saitek eclipse usb keyboard so powered down and plugged in new keyboard. on powering up I got no POST, Led indicators show 3 red lights and 4th one flashes veryfast and goes out.

Changed back to old keyboard no help

reset bios doesnt seem to be working, took cmos battery out still nothing

changed VX ram back to 3v rail no help

removed one of the 2 sticks no help

I have been running this machine rock solid stable for over a month at 2.45ghz

3.3v on vx ram, prime stable long hours of gaming not a hiccup

Please Help!!!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pull battery, shut power completely off at back of psu, and clear CMOS jumper for a while (1hour or more, preferrably overnight)

if no post still, email me and tell me where you live and I'll help you get your BIOS chip reflashed (email link in my sig)

Now thats a quick reply Angry, I surely hope that I dont have to ship my chip out, but even more disturbingly is that somehow my bios could corrupt like that. If for some reason my machine decides to POST whos to say that this kind of behavior wont happen again... is this a known issue with the shipping BIOS?

you are overclocking it. Overclocking is a funny thing (usually not the kind of funny that makes you laugh either)

you never know what is going to happen when overclocking.

if it did it at default speeds, I would be concerned. As long as you are overclocking...anything can happen (i've had plenty of wierd things happen on overclocks myself including corrupt bioses)

I have been running my Rig for about a month, no issues. Picked up a new saitek eclipse usb keyboard so powered down and plugged in new keyboard. on powering up I got no POST, Led indicators show 3 red lights and 4th one flashes veryfast and goes out.

Changed back to old keyboard no help

reset bios doesnt seem to be working, took cmos battery out still nothing

changed VX ram back to 3v rail no help

removed one of the 2 sticks no help

I have been running this machine rock solid stable for over a month at 2.45ghz

3.3v on vx ram, prime stable long hours of gaming not a hiccup

Please Help!!!!!!!

Same problem but mine was running for 1 hour.

I happened to have a spare DFI sli dr board (always buy 2) and tried to load windows on a raid set through the nforce raid controller and got blue screened and the exact same thing happened again. Now I've got 2 DFI SLi DR boards that do nothing.

Never even had a chance to overclock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like they might be a design LEMON.

Hi there,

I got the same problem. 3 LEDs on and the power LED of my case is constantly flashing.

Changed psu, no help. Currently only have one graphics card installed and only one stick of memory in orange slot (number 2).

Any advice, any idea?

Regards ,shortie

Hi there,

I got the same problem. 3 LEDs on and the power LED of my case is constantly flashing.

Changed psu, no help. Currently only have one graphics card installed and only one stick of memory in orange slot (number 2).

Any advice, any idea?

Regards ,shortie

Power LED flashing! Sounds like the unit is standby mode. Does anything happen when you momentarily push the power button? Try pressing and holding the power button until the PC shuts down. Then push the power button again to restart.

If that fails clear CMOS and try again with another stick of RAM.

Three LEDs on is an indication that the RAM is not being detected.

Ok Flashed Bios to 310 changed some settings and Moved the jumper to 5v, here are the settings I changed

FSB - 200

LDT/FSB - 4x

LDT Bus Transfer - 16/16

PCI Express - 100MHz

Cool and Quiet - Disabled

CPU VID Startup Value - Startup

CPU VID Control - 1.5v

CPU VID Special Control - Above VID x 104%

LDT Voltage Control - 1.2v

Chipset Voltage Control - 1.7v

now machine is in the exact same state, I am not sure if I missed something to prepare for 5v....please tell me I dont need to wait another 12 hours to get a post again. I am trying to clear cmos again does anyone know of a fast way to clear it, I am used to clearing cmos being..move jumper hit power button, move jumper back and post, not Move jumper pull battery pull power cord, wait 1 hour nada wait 10 post

Hi all, hi ExRoadie,

@ExRoadie: Thanks for advice. The problem is gone. Actually what I did is reseating everything. That solved the problem.

Once again thanks a lot.

Knin regards shortie