Corsair Ram on NF4 boards

Sage2050

lets have a little poll to see just how well corsair ram does/does not work on these boards, since it seems people using corsair tend to have problems.

Motherboard:

Bios:

Ram:

PSU:

Cooling:

max OC:

Mobo: NF4 Ultra-D

Bios: NF4LD310

Ram: Corsair XMS 1GB (512x2) PC3200 DDR400

PSU: stock 400w case PSU

Cooling: XP-120 w/Thermaltake 120mm smartfan

max OC: 207x10

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sage, what XMS you got? C2, XL? I want to know because I am looking seriously into ram atm. Have you consulted "the ram guy"? Corsair is a serious ram player, if it will not work well, talk to them first. I had problems with Kingston, after a phone call i had 2 new sticks at my door the next day. And it was a fix for me.

Personally, I think that these ram companies are making a ton of money, look at the lifetime warranty, and I have sent Kingston memory back, and it was OCed and 4 years old. But i bought their products again too.

Still waiting for my Corsair XMS to die, it just keeps going. So, I cant give opinions on their service.

its C2. it would be nice if i could find a way to kill this ram, just to take advantage of the lifetime warranty =P

on a side note, man, ram drops in price fast as hell. i just bought this PC a week ago and already the ram is $20 cheaper. at this rate, i'll have some OCZ PC5000 by the end of the year =P

Sage, I think we have the exact same ram. I've been able to get my system to boot with fsb speeds of over 340 @2.7+ ghz. But it's not stable. though that doesnt really mean anything, Because I haven"t gotten this setup to run stable in prime under normal conditions. This is really making me angry, but what can you do. I think OCZ is the best way to go for these new nf4 boards. I'm saving for that pc5000 myself.

PS. ram does go down in price fast cause I bought this a month ago, and it's gone down 50 dollars in price already. That's why I'm holding out for the pc5000.

well its a trouble maker ;C but still i found it usable although it wasnt really what i had expected ;/ in some aspect for the better and in some for the worse, kinda enlightening or how i should put it ;)

hey, at least you can get it to boot at those speeds. i can *sometimes* boot at 210, but if i go up to 220, it will restart before even trying to load windows.

Lower your DRAM speed. When i get over 300 I have to lower my DRAM to 100/1:2

And make sure your timings are all right, you may want to losen them up some.