Sign in to follow this  
Muzikfreakah

DIY Ducting Mod Guide by me :-D

I don't know, i think you got get it looking pretty good. Get some thats exactly the right size, paint it with some UV Paint with a UV Light in there and it'd look great if you did it right :)

Thats all the Sunbeam Ducting Kit you can buy is afterall...

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...facture=Sunbeam

You can see it in action HERE and it don't look that bad.

yeah, i dunno heh. im kinda of the school that says save all that money that goes to makin it look good for better hardware. i guess its not too expensive, but it can build up. i dont think im gonna have a window. i was thinkin tho, it would be cool to have a frosted window. so it would be partially transparent.

So thats what you meant by drier :-D hehehhe ok!

We use to sell that, the sunbeam OC kit but we ran out :-) I wouldnt like sticking it to the side panel it would be a hassle to remove your side panel :-(

yeah that could be a pain. almost have to make a little quick release system so it would separate independantly from side panel. but then it would need support too, so it wouldnt flop around when discon. too much work.

i read something about ducting reducing fan efficiency because of increased resistance. mos def need one fan at each side of duct.

i almost think a strategically placed piece of plexi that would deflect the air in a specific direction would be more efficient. but that would dramatically reduce air pressure and cfm.

also ive been thinking about air filtering. doesnt seem like too many people filter their blowholes in side panels. im workin' up a replaceable filter system in my head prolly have it on paper soon, then go buy some materials at tru-value where i used to work heh.

filters prolly reduce pressure and cfm too. any thoughts?

Well on my ducting mod(see first post) youll see that I am using a FAN MESH GRILL for filtering dust. You can buy aircon airfilters at true value but I think they would be add too much resistance for the fan. Ive tried experimenting with those long time ago and airflow diminished by about 40% :-(