New Pre-Programmed BIOS Chips

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I need another BIOS but I don’t see anybody comment witch BIOS they go for!

I have a DFI LPnfIIUT-B and I´m kinda lost, there is so many options available...

I was using the 1/21 beta and worked fine for me, only could not run higher than 240fsb.

So, I only got to choose ONE, how are you folks deciding witch one??? :confused:

Hello,

I need another BIOS but I don’t see anybody comment witch BIOS they go for!

I have a DFI LPnfIIUT-B and I´m kinda lost, there is so many options available...

I was using the 1/21 beta and worked fine for me, only could not run higher than 240fsb.

So, I only got to choose ONE, how are you folks deciding witch one???

I would suggest trying out the 6/19 TicTac and go from there.

Tmod

• 3 weeks later...

I've been searching for an answer to the "cmos checksum error" that is freezing the computer screen right before I can enter the BIOS. Hot Flashing the BIOS was the next option I was gonna try, and I was looking for a thread that would lead me to instructions, when I ran across this thread, and it seemed to fit so well, that I decided to ask it here. I bought a UT nF4 Ultra-D board at Frys Elec., you know, the "somebody bought it,messed with it, returned it, now it works just like factory, we think" kinda board, cuz that was all the DFI boards they had. To my surprise, not only didn't it come with an IO plate, and audio mounting bracket, but it wouldn't enter the BIOS. I've spent three days in this forum, trying different advice and have come to the conclusion that it's either hot flash or RMA, and I hate giving up. I have a UT nF4 SLI-D that I built last month and it works great. Here's my question, can I use the BIOS chip from the SLI board to flash the new boards seeprom, then put the original BIOS chip back in and flash to the chip that way, or put the bad chip into the good board and flash there, then re-install into the new board, or is there an even more inventive way to wind up with two boards that work, without speaking the word, RMA. I'm open to any suggestions, or links that will tell me what to do. I am sorta experienced at tinkering with M-Boards to get them to work, I was an ASUS customer, HA! HA! HA! Please have some magic words for me or something. Respectfully,

Thanks for the help Tmod, I flashed the BIOS chip last nite, now both will boot my good UT nF4 SLI-D system, but neither will boot the bogus system. I guess the problem is down in the circuits somewhere, cuz I've tried everything else except starting it while standing on my head, naked, and even tho that might give the neighbors a good laugh, I don't think it will help much

• 3 weeks later...

killed my bios chip in much the same way lanpartyinfinity users seem to do, didnt clear cmos before adding parts :D. just want to say thanks Tmod for the bios chip, got here very fast. put in the chip and felt a BIG sigh of relif as i heard the "boot beep". now i have a backup and can be extra careless in screwing things up :D.

A+ Tmod, for 15 bucks you cant afford not to have a backup!

You probably don't remember me Tmod, but we 'talked' on the Abit message boards quite a while back. Good to see a familiar nickname here

I remember you from the Abit forums.

Welcome aboard!!

I am glad to see you switched over to DFI.

Tmod