New Pre-Programmed BIOS Chips

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alinosa,

That particular chip is able to be used on both of the boards that you are referring to.

The Intel 875 and the NF2 usually take a different chip then each other but the manufacturers are now releasing chips that can be used in both situations.

Tmod

Guest Booger

Hey Tmod,

This is a long shot but maybe you can tell me if my old rd-1 pmc2 will work with the nf4 ultra-d.

I think it is too small capacity wise but am not for sure. Would be nice to use it, though. Thanks.

Booger,

That would be a no go since the one you have is a 2 meg unit and the nf4 takes a 4 meg unit.

Tmod

Guest Booger

Oops, saw you have already answered my question essentially in another bios thread. I understand I will need a pmc4. Thanks much.

grimpy,

Yes I do and the normal shipping is right around $6.00 USD.

That is for a 4~6 day delivery window.

Tmod

Well my mobo died a while back with the 4 LEDs of death, suggesting corrupt bios. I decided to have a crack at hot flashing, sadly either my chip was dead or the mobo i tried it in wasn't compatible as no matter what I tried I could not flash it.

While looking for a solution I ran into TMods post, ordered a new chip from him which arrived damn fast (I live way down in New Zealand so it did travel a decent way) and worked like a charm. TMod is supplying an awesome service and I would highly recommend using it. Hell even if your bios is fine I'd still suggest it as a backup so that if it does die one day you will have barely any down time.

Thanks a bunch TMod, you're a life saver.

I might have another go at hotflashing my old chip, but this time in my lanparty, you never know I might screw up and if I do I know who to go to :)

alinosa,

That particular chip is able to be used on both of the boards that you are referring to.

The Intel 875 and the NF2 usually take a different chip then each other but the manufacturers are now releasing chips that can be used in both situations.

Tmod

SWEET!

now all i have to do is wait for my bios chip to come back from DFI with the right bios and then i'll try to hot flash my spare.

• 5 weeks later...

Tmod,

Just got your bios chip and it is working great. My computer is up and running after the original bios is corrupted. Thanks for the great product and the swift service.