New Pre-Programmed BIOS Chips

Guest Tmod_merged

I would like to start off by saying that in NO way, shape or form is DFI affiliated or supports my services that I am offering here.

I purchased a EEPROM programmer as a hobby device when I was going through hell with my NF7 bios's.

Anyway I decided to offer this service to forum members where I was a member myself.

I would suggest that if you own a DFI that has a bios flash that has gone bad contact them and they will re-flash it for free and return-ship it.

However, if you want an extra (backup) BIOS chip, I am offering:

• Brand new BIOS chips
  • Pre-Programmed with BIOS of your choice
  • Price: $15.00 USD
  • Includes BIOS chip, programming, USPS First-class shipping to you
  • Faster shipping add $3.85 USD for USPS Priority

I am currently shipping only to North America.

The Canada service is USPS First Class Postage Only (Air Mail) 4~7 day delivery time frame (According to USPS).

I have teamed up with Grains for all of your bios needs outside of North America. Please contact him here and tell him Tmod sent you.

Please supply a link via PM to the bios file you want the chip flashed with as well as exactly which motherboard it is for.

I would like to thank Angry_Games for allowing me to post this here.

Tmod

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good deal Tmod. Us 'old timers' remember when Elts Drac did this for everyone across a lot of forums. Its a good thing for users since DFI cannot sell the bios chips, but we can flash them for you for free.

Tmod can you do the NF3 or NF4 board/bios in case anyone wants that also? Intel?

There are very few boards that I do not have a bios chip for.

Some of the odd ball chips I have a very limited supply.

Since I am new to the DFI camp I am not real familiar with the whole lineup, But if anyone cares to post which chip number comes in the NF3 or NF4 board or any Intel based board I will verify that I have the chips.

I can't imagine that DFI uses a special chip that no one else uses and I have done Intel boards in the past.

Tmod

The bios chip for the NF3 is the same as the Infinity NF2 and Lanparty NF2.. I know because Ive hot flashed back and forth before..

Im not 100% sure but I think the new NF4's are the same too..

Now I just have to figure out the most reliable bios that will not cause hellfire and brimstone to rain down upon me. Also, would you be able to locate a bios chip for the ASUS K8NE deluxe? I can send you the link to the bios I am looking to get for it. My ASUS board took a dump as the bios never was quite up to the task and no one I know was able to successfully flash the bios so it is a paperweight right now. I would like to at least replace the chip and be able to sell it off or run it over with my car..

PM me and maybe we can discuss options, suggestions etc?

Thanks!

The bios chip is the same on the NF3 as the NF11B,iam using my bios saver from my NF11B on this new NF3-250UT.It good to know someone has the chips again if needed.I remember looking for one when i first borked my bios chip on the NF11B.

Tmod nice looking siggy.

the Intel 875/875P-T etc should be the same bios chip also

Would it be possible to confirm that as usually Intel based boards have a LPC chip where the AMD boards have a FWH chip.

For instance in the past the Intel boards took a SST 49LF004A where the AMD boards took a SST 49LF040(A).

They do have chips that will perform in either function but it would be nice to know for sure.

Tmod

Angry_Games

before i test it out with my own 875P-T/NF2/3/4 lol

If you have those boards there could you post the numbers off of each bios chip?

That would tell me what I would need to know and I would be able to answer your question about hot swapping between the two.

Thanks!!

Tmod

• 2 weeks later...

hello good thread,

Im hoping ive had a bad flash, my brd now had the 4 red led syndrome after flashing the bios. Im hoping tht is the problem just a scrambled bios, i dont feel like having to RMA this brd.

A friend of mine is hotflashing the bios, so i was looking into getting a spare bios, i have a spare bios from an Infinity, and seeing wht has been written here Im going to try and hot flash tht.

I wonder wht will happen if i try to use tht bios (infinity) to boot my Ultra-D. I dont think im going to try using it though. I dont want to end up breaking anything else!!

If the spare bios dont wrk I will be back to make inquiries abt purcahsing a new bios

mong

I wonder wht will happen if i try to use tht bios (infinity) to boot my Ultra-D. I dont think im going to try using it though. I dont want to end up breaking anything else!!

That wont work.. I know becuase I got mixed up once with bios chips and tried booting my old asus with my infinity chip in it..