How many fans?

I currently am using all 5 of the fan headers on the Ultra-D, and I was wondering if that would be ok for the board.

I've read that certain high-power fans [ie Tornado, Delta] can screw up your system if you have them being powered by the fan header on the mobo, so that made me wonder if I should have something to worry about.

Note that none of the fans plugged in are nearly as powerful as those. Here's the list:

1.) CPU Fan

2.) AMD stock heatsink fan [blowing on RAM]

3.) Chipset fan

4.) 120MM exhaust

5.) 92MM stock XP-90 retail fan [blowing on chipset]

Thanks in advance :nod:

because of the combined current draw to the fans that can reduce current to important board components

if your fans are taking up say 1A (example only) that could be 1A you are taking away from say a PWM for the cpu...its like anything when it comes to electricity...you provide current...it has to come from somewhere, and if it is shared current...then some other component is losing some of it's current to provide something else with current.

hrmmm...I'll let ExRoadie or ViperJohn explain better as they are EE's

DFI should make that clear in the users manual, the impression given by reading the manual, is that you can plug whatever fan you desire into these headers. Some info on electrical limitations would be welcomed.

m :)

As far as I know all the ones I have in are low current fans...

The Panaflo is 92MM M1A model, only 48CFM, so it doesn't draw too much power. Chipset is obviously supposed to be there, so I'm sure that's within the limits. Another is the AMD stock heatsink fan, so that is ok too...the 4th is the stock XP-90 fan that comes w/ the retail package, so that is obviously OK too. The only one I don't know about is the case fan, as it came with the case. 120MM Thermaltake [intake for my Tsunami].

So I guess I'm good...still waiting on those comments from the EE's.