Ultra-D, Quiet n' Stable Build?

Well i've finally got myself together and put together what I hope will be a quiet PC. I've ordered everything so far besides the video card which if you guys approve I will order tonight! 8)

Aside from the PSU power rating, will this is be a fairly quiet n' stable rig?

SLK3000B $43.62 2buystore

Seasonic S12 430 $78.00 ewiz

LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D $133.00 New Egg

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache, Socket 939 64-bit Processor - Retail $113.00 Monarch

Thermalright Heatsink for P4 & K8 CPUs, Heatsink Only, Model "XP-90" -RETAIL $30.00 SVC

Nexus 92mm Real Silent Case Fan $14.95 Silicon Aco

Nexus 120 mm Real Silent Case Fan $17.95 Silicon Aco

OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 -Retail $240.00 New Egg

Gigabyte GV-RX80L256V Radeon X800 XL PCI Express 256MB DDR Video Card w/HDTV-out, DVI & VIVO Retail $329.00 ZipZoomFly

SAMSUNG 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model SP1614C, OEM Drive Only $95.00 New Egg

LG Electronics DVD+/-RW 16X Multiformat Drive, Model GSA-4163BI - Retail $65.00 New Egg

Looks pretty good, just be aware the 430 watt Seasonic doesn't have the 6pin PCI-express connector you need to step up to the 500 or 600 watt units to get one, Ewiz is carrying the 600watt unit for only 130 right now it might be a safer buy esp. if you are planing on adding more drives or fans to your PC at a later date.

I think i'll be able to use a regular power connector for the video card right with an adapter perhaps?

Damn, I heard the new DFI boards have one of the quietest fans.

I guess worst case i'll just have to hack a ZM-NB47J to fit the video card.

What type of cooler were you talkin about with the heatpipes?

I think i'll be able to use a regular power connector for the video card right with an adapter perhaps?

i wouldnt count on this...i could not get my X850XT Platinum to power up with the adapter (it would, but it would shut off in 3dmark01 Nature test EVERY time until i put a true 24-pin ATX2 psu with 6-pin pci-e power plug on the rig heh)

heatpipes he means like the Thermalright XP-90/XP-120 types

Yea i am getting a X-90, and the Nexus fan.

I'll give the power adapter a shot, I think it might work becuase i know the x800xl draws less power than the x850xt.

Whats it called btw, the adapter? Molex something or another? hehehe...

What I just can't get is why some of you guys seem to always try to save a few bucks when it comes to most vital parts of your puter...

Tell me piotr why you wanna try your luck with a subpar PSU when everybody tells you different...

You do realize that it'll be very frustrating to listen to all the waah waahs here on the forum once you put that rig together and THEN find out you can't make it work properly...

Hate to say we told you so...

Otherwise it looks good ;)

Guest Booger

Here's a bump,

Your vid card doesn't/can not use an additional power connector! Welcome to PCI express! Only the top end cards utilize them as well as xl's with dual DVI connectors it would seem.