NF4 Ultra D- Any ideas on how to get back to life/

I reduced my FSB (HTT) from 268 x10 to 210 x10 to set up for a BIOS flash. After doing this the rig would not BOOT to Windows (went into BOOT Loop) so I cleared the cmos. (2nd motherboard with G.skill this time instead of Corsair that has done this to me BTW). (Board is an "AA0")

After clearing CMOS only a "Lanparty" LOGO comes up, sometimes the "F1" / "delete" option but it blackscreens if I select "Delete" to enter BIOS. Then I also applied the Failsafe jumper and got no improvement. SO I cannot enter BIOS either.

If you have any ideas on how to jump start this thing let me know please.

Of course I cleared CMOS with power cord off and battery out and put jumper back in the lower position before BOOTING.

sparx

Try this.

Unplug the power cord from the PSU, push the start button to dump any residual power.

Remove the battery, clear CMOS for at least one minute, then replace the battery.

Enable the speaker.

Press and hold the Insert Key on the keyboard, plug power back in, press start button.

When you hear the beep, release the Insert Key and press the Delete key.

Let us know if you make it into BIOS.

you may have goosed your bios. you should have set optimized defaults in bios and then cleared the cmos before flashing.

I did exactly that cpuz, but I DID NOT FLASH YET!

goofy huh?

sparx

Sparx, I have read your first post many times since you put it up and either it is not full facted enough or you just have friggen bad luck to do the 'same' thing to your self twice and me see no cause.

I have had to clear CMOS for 5 hours or more with no power at all to board to get mine to come back when I really spank it bad. Even uh-hooked and left unhooked the power connectors on the board. Always brought mine back.

And I have changed speeds up and down any number of times. I just got thru having to come back down off 265x10 to get ready to install 2x 1gig sticks. However I never use 210 but 200 or 240 or the like. And I agree that loading optimized defaults likely makes more sense if the board is used to running up HI.

I have also just pushed and held the board reset switch down and insert key "multiple" times until it restarted. Sometimes I have reset plus insert 10 or 15 times before it would start. Usually Off/no AC power for 2 or 3 mins and then Insert Key down then A/c power to board and then push start button on mobo or case with beeper on on mobo so I can hear beep and soon as beep let up and press delete key and into bios for load optimized.

But I really would like to know exactly how you managed to do it to yourself more than once. You and one other that I can remember have done 'it' to themselves more than once and the rest of the world seems not to. Of course it can be happening more times than I get notice of. Strange shett.

RGone...

ExRodie-

Tried you suggestion twice no deal, left CMOS jumper in clear positon for about 5 minutes also.

Thanks for the support.

sparx

Also note that I did not drop in one swoop.

I took it down in three steps. The MOFO board is goofy.

My ability to bring it back to life illustrates my abilities, and at the same time my insanity.

sparx

As stated in my much earlier posts when restling with the first Ultra D you should be able to clear the CMOS and Boot a rig (to BIOS). This rig ran 269x10 priming for 95 hours before fail (I was on vacation) finished just Friday.

It was running 265 x 10 this morning.