Sign in to follow this  
CSS Junkie

Who Says New Castle Doesn't OC Well!

MBM5Display.JPG

Best I could do back in March 05.

Nothing wrong with the chip. Just wanted faster :)

3.45GHz? FSB or CPU speed? What multi?

Care to post a CPUZ? or give more detailed breakdown?

I added a 1gb stick of ran to 2 X 512 sticks and had to lower my FSB to 235 from the 245 from eailier. its still 2.35Ghz. I have a total of 2gb of ram now

how do I post my cpu-z reading?

Thanks for trying, I can barely read it the cpu freq is 2445x10. I guess your original post of 3.45GHz is a typo.

I've been reading a lot about how New Castle is no good for OCing, and how winnie's blow them out the water.

Well as you all can see in my sig, I've had great success OCing my New Castle. And this is just at my 24/7 stable setting. I've had it running for hours stable over 2.7 ghz. With a FSB over 300! And all this has been done with standard pc3200 memory [and air cooling]. I plan on upgrading to the new OCZ pc5000 [design just for the dfi nf4 series :P ] as soon as I can find it. :/ [i guess the upgrading never ends really :nod: :cool: already have spent over 1500 in the past 4 months, 3 grand more and i'll be happy ;):P ]

I just thought I would post this for other New Castle core amd64 owners, to give them some hope. Because I've yet to read anything good about New Castle, it's always these little geeks bashing them! I did read in one hardware review that the winchester's weren't much better, but that was it.

If anyone else has had good success with OCing the New Castle AMD's then post your results, I'd love to see it.

Plus we can rub it in all these winnie guys faces :P :nod:

PS. Had my New Castle running at 2.66 ghz @295X9 for over a week, but rolled it back to see if I could get any different results. I haven't noticed a drop in speed so I figured I'd just keep it here.

I clocked my 3500+ NC @2.55 with 1.5vcore and my TwinXLPro loves it at 1:1 at 255 X 10. It is now sittin' on my desk on its plastic container and oh yeah, it is naked too, lol :nod: I have been planning to put it in my Asus board, which is also collecting dust on the closet, but have been too busy with my X2 and Opty.

Thanks for trying, I can barely read it the cpu freq is 2445x10. I guess your original post of 3.45GHz is a typo.

Yea sorry about that. I just changed it. Got a newborn at home. I don't get much sleep anymore. Messing with the computer inbetween diaper changes and feedings. I need to go back to work.

Well my Skt 754 NC 3000 runs at 2.4Ghz with no voltage increase at all, I have had it at 2.5Ghz (running at 2.4Ghz to run memory at stock speed) but, that is the Mobo's limit for CPU Clock (pile of rubbish mobo as far as OC features go, thats why I want an 'Expert' for my new Opty!).

I would expect it to go quite a bit higher to be honest and am debating wether to use Clockgen or something to bypass the BIOS and see what it'll really go to before I start with the Opty.

R4z

I have a NC and I'm currently at 250x 10 and it is prime stable...I doubt it will go higher...

Yea sorry about that. I just changed it. Got a newborn at home. I don't get much sleep anymore. Messing with the computer inbetween diaper changes and feedings. I need to go back to work.

Congradulations.... And welcome to DFI-Street.

I wasn't aware of any "New-Castle" bashing. It's all relative anyway.Ya' do the best ya' can w/what ya' got and hope for the best. Some processors will do massive mega-hurt'[email protected] others won't. They may have the same core and even stepping. Come off the same die even. Some will, some won't...Hard sayin what will do what. Overclocking is a black-art!!(With lotsa' testing.LOL)