Broken Pin Repair

soundx98

I made an attempt to contact this site and all I get is a single word. "Gone" Is there anyone on this forum that straightens bent pins. I have a X2-4800 that I dropped while putting this system together. There are maybe a dozed bent pins, all look about 45degree bend. I do not have dexterity and eyesight that is good enough to do this. Does anyone in this forum straighten bent pins?

You might consider taking it to a jewelry store, I've heard that they can sometimes help out if you can't find a dedicated source.

At least they're used to handling delicate tools and whatnot. Hell, they might not even charge you.

Yeah. If they are just pushed over there will be nothing to it for a jewelry store. If any are actually bent there's a chance the pin may break. But no way of knowing unless tried.

Guest bobyjo

I thought about that, just have not taken it to a Jeweler as yet. Thanks BJ

You might consider taking it to a jewelry store, I've heard that they can sometimes help out if you can't find a dedicated source.

At least they're used to handling delicate tools and whatnot. Hell, they might not even charge you.

About a year and a half ago I had a x2 4800+ (I think) and I broke a pin off of it. I was removing my phase change from it while it was frozen and it just stuck to the head. Anyways, I tried fixing it myself soldering(that didn't work), I tried calling some jewelers but they talked to me like I was some super freak for even asking, and I tried looking information up on the web but didn't find anything. I wish I would have found this back then, could have revived my once expensive cpu.

Last time I tried it I used a hair drier to warm the chips pins a little and then use a credit card to straighten them....

you dont want the chip hot but the pins warm enough to make them more flexible...when they are room temp or cooler they tend to pop right off...the heat makes them more limber...;)