Broken Pin Repair

soundx98

As some of you are aware I had a 3500 Winnie with Broken Pins.

(Well actually bent, but by the time I got it back from all the inspections they were broken)

Sent it to a guy named Gary Headlee at http://www.motherboardrepair.com.

Unbelieveable service. Very thorough in his e-mail covering costs and shipping instructions. Really didn't have much hope with 5 broken pins.

HE REPAIRED AND RE-SENT THE CHIP IN 24 HOURS!

Cost was $35 + $3.85 return shipping.

Make sure you add his site to your favorites. This guy is for real and highly recommended.

Can I get a witness? Amen, it's fixed.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the help. I was overanxious and took it to a jeweler. If I had waited I would have sent it in to the repair guy but that was not posted yet. The jeweler has the laser and thinks he can fix it but said it would be a couple of days. He will probably charge me $100. I think I will NDA a X2 and play with that a while. Can I just put an X2 in without any changes and everything will be back up and running? I'm still new to AMD.

I have a SLi-DR with an X2. Make sure you get a bios dated after 6/23 and you'll be fine. You can boot with the X2 and flash easily and then you'll have 2 cores. until you flash, it will only be a single core "unidentified" x86 processor. Also, you need to run XP to use dual core (or 2000 server).

Thanks for the help. I was overanxious and took it to a jeweler. If I had waited I would have sent it in to the repair guy but that was not posted yet. The jeweler has the laser and thinks he can fix it but said it would be a couple of days. He will probably charge me $100. I think I will NDA a X2 and play with that a while. Can I just put an X2 in without any changes and everything will be back up and running? I'm still new to AMD.
$100! :shake: , $25 :nod:

with the x2 i heard there was problems getting window to work dual core when it has been running single core. i think that is why angry did a fresh install on his system when he went to an x2.

• 2 years later...
Guest bobyjo

I made an attempt to contact this site and all I get is a single word. "Gone" Is there anyone on this forum that straightens bent pins. I have a X2-4800 that I dropped while putting this system together. There are maybe a dozed bent pins, all look about 45degree bend. I do not have dexterity and eyesight that is good enough to do this. Does anyone in this forum straighten bent pins?

As some of you are aware I had a 3500 Winnie with Broken Pins.

(Well actually bent, but by the time I got it back from all the inspections they were broken)

Sent it to a guy named Gary Headlee at http://www.motherboardrepair.com.

Unbelieveable service. Very thorough in his e-mail covering costs and shipping instructions. Really didn't have much hope with 5 broken pins.

HE REPAIRED AND RE-SENT THE CHIP IN 24 HOURS!

Cost was $35 + $3.85 return shipping.

Make sure you add his site to your favorites. This guy is for real and highly recommended.

Can I get a witness? Amen, it's fixed.