[Resolved] resolution for disappearing Maxtor drives? (post #12)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, got one more of those Maxtors (200 GB DM 10, 6B200M0); all firmwares BANC1B70.

Seeing the kind of troubles these drives may cause, any glad guy out there to send me the updated firmwares? I just want to be safe and prevent any problems before setting up everything final.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had my rig up for a week and haven't seen this yet. Here's what I did when I set up my rig. I decided to go with a RAID 5 set up, so using Sata 5,6,7. I went into the bios and turned off Sata 1,2,3,4 and when I installed the nforce drivers, skipped installing the IDE drivers.

I have no issues so far. My maxtor's have all the latest firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my DiamondMax 10 stable! (knock on wood)

Talked to Maxtor support, described problem and got Level 2 help. Sent me the new firmware: BANC1E00. So far reboots = no hangs. Comes back out of sleep mode. Etc. Was having a lot of problems where it would hang on startup of XP, wouldn't come back out of sleep mode, sometimes wouldn't even go to Recovery Console if I had restarted and booted from XP disk (would have to turn off machine, turn back on and then it would).

So, call Maxtor and get that updated firmware if running BANC1B70.

Yeah still BANC1B70 here, tough no problems yet for me (knock on wood).

I'd be grateful for someone to send me the newer firms tough, for quickfix if needed.

Email: same as username (lowercase), "@ono.com"

Cheers

So it looks like the firmware update makes everything ok, or is it only 90% fixed? It seems like it's mostly kinda fixed, but some may still be having issues? Just trying to decide if I want to deal with this hassle before I put the new system together, or just go buy a replacement drive. Which is too bad, I love my 300G DM10, nice and quiet.