PDP Systems Patriot XBLK PC3200 Database

chennhui

Okay I have been doing a lot of playing with BIOS settings and was having some issues with MEMTEST #8. I usually had 3 to 5 errors per pass. It was stable in windows, but would crash after 1.5 to 2 hours playing Doom3. So I saw the TCCD guide posted on XtremeSystems and tried their BIOS settings. with it I was able to reduce but not eliminate the MEMTEST #8 errors. so I started looking for other culprits. I stumbled across the TREF thread on this site and took out my calculator to see what TREF should really be. Since PDP RAM has a SPD refresh rate of 7.8us and I was running at 300 Mhz the math was TREF = Refresh / (1/HTT), so in my case it works out as TREF = 7.8 / (1/300) = 2340, since the closest setting is 2336, that is what I set. and now I get 1 error every other pass of MEMTEST #8.

At this point I wanted to see if there was any more I could get out of this 3500+ Claw, so I slowly ran the bus up to 312 (note that 312 x 9 = 2.81 Ghz). Still only getting the same 1 error every two passes but I also changed the TREF setting to 2560 this was the closest setting to the 2433 calculated TREF. Then I throttled back the FSB to 310 so I could gain some stability. All this said the RAM settings now are as follows:

FSB 310 (highest game stable setting)

LDT:FSB x3.0

LDT Bus 16 16

CPU:FSB x9.0

PCIe 101

CnQ Disabled

CPU VID Startup

CPU VID Control 1.375

CPU VID Special 126%

LDT 1.30v

nF4 1.60v

DRAM 2.90v

DRAM plus .03 Enabled

DRAM Freq 200 (1:1)

CPC Enabled

Tcl 2.5

Trcd 04

Tras 09

Trp 04

Trc 08

Trfc 14

Trrd 04

Twr 02

Twtr 02

Trwt 08

Tref 2336

Twcl 01

DRAM Interleave Enabled

DQS Control Increase

DQS Value 255

DRAM Drive Level 7

DRAM Data Level 2

Max Async 08.0ns

Response Fast

Read Preamble 05.5ns

Idlecycle 256

Dynamic Counter Enabled

R/W Queue 16 X

Bypass 07 X

Granularity Disable

This was all with the 510-2 BIOS!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, did some more testing with TREF settings, you cannot use a figure less than what you calculate and remain stable, you can and should use a higher setting. So if you are running 300 FSB then the calculated TREF is 2340, the closest TREF is 2336 but I have found it is not as stable as 2560. or even 3072. I have seen much better results with 3072 than with 4708 (?).

Interesting finding. I would try a 7.8/255 TREF> 1989. Hope to push higher HTT at 2.5-3-3.

OK, did some more testing with TREF settings, you cannot use a figure less than what you calculate and remain stable, you can and should use a higher setting. So if you are running 300 FSB then the calculated TREF is 2340, the closest TREF is 2336 but I have found it is not as stable as 2560. or even 3072. I have seen much better results with 3072 than with 4708 (?).

Try this tREF > 7.8us*HTT

Example, HTT = 255MHz, PDP's refresh rate 7.8us, then use 2064

2064 > 7.8us*255MHz

It MAY work better. ;)

Guys,

Could you point me to the TREF Thread?

My 3200 Venice is flying at 2.85 (but i have clocked it down to 300 x 9), TCCD is still giving me trouble.

Ok, had another interesting problem with 510 BIOS. Windows hosed so I had to reinstall. No matter what I did I could not reinstall XP SP2, it would always hang at the preparing installation and 39 minutes to go. I reflashed to 414 and the install went fine. I think I am going to stick with 414 since it is the most stable in my other rig (in sig).

Try this tREF > 7.8us*HTT

Example, HTT = 255MHz, PDP's refresh rate 7.8us, then use 2064

2064 > 7.8us*255MHz

It MAY work better. ;)

Is that equation good for any HTT that you have? I'd like to try that, that may explain why my XBL's can't hit 300HTT stable... pisses me off.

I seen that eq. one in dfi-street. I did some preliminary testing and found that a tREF that is closer to the calculated value would yielded better stability. Please be noted that the tREF must exceed the calculated value.

Ok, thanks. Because the tREF that I was running was still just the accepted value from the 3/10P BIOS [3120 IIRC?] I have much to learn to become a memory guru, especially with this board, heh. Too many damn options :)

Hello guys, does anyone know if the pdp w/ xbl newegg have on their

site still tccd chips? I emailed pdp tech and this what they told me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820220033

Dear Joey,

Actually I am not able to release the information for the chipset. Due to the fact the chip solution may change over time. As for PDC1G3200+XBLK we have not changed the solution (chip set) yet.

Regards,

Tech support

[email protected]

So it should still be tccd?

It sound like TCCD. However, I saw some newer PDP XBLK running at 3.3v. I heard it is TCC5??

My PDP XBLK running rock stable at 250MHz. It has passed Prime95 33hours 30mins torture test and required 2.9v.