Sign in to follow this  
chennhui

PDP Systems Patriot XBLK PC3200 Database

Super Nade, I follow your settings posted at ocforum and 300HTTx8, 1:1. It turned out a more stable settings. Prime for 8 hours and error found. This is the longer Prime at 300HTT 1:1. I think slight tuning I be able to run your setting at 275HTTx9. As you can see here, I am having very relaxed timings of 3.0-4-4.

The performance difference between 2.5-4-4 and 3.0-4-4 is really marginal. I benchmarked both using 3DMark01, 03, 05, AquaMark3, Unreal Tournament 03, 04 and all I found is really Max 1%. In fact, most of them fall in 0.5-0.8% range. So I will stick to 3.0-4-4 for added stability. I am currently tunning 285HTT to Prime stable.

I installed a coolermaster UV fan with 22 CFM and it really help to reduce the heat. At 2.9v I could not even feel the heat (finger touching). So you guy should really give a try!

Okay finally got a video card and HDD's so I was able to install windows and test. After installing Windows I tried my memtest settings and it was a no go. Everything I tried would not allow more than 2.5Ghz. I went back to the 0310 BIOS. I was able to go to 304x9, 2.5,4,3,9,1T Prime95, OCCT, SuperPI stable. I could not get this level of overclock with 0414 BIOS.

man u guys on water are making twitch with jealousy heh! its too bad my asetek waterchill which i had can't be used with my 3200+...well it did initially but i had it modded to fit my then AthlonXP 2600+ :rolleyes:

anyways i'm game stable but stil not able to pass memtest's 8th test. but thanks for the input anyhow chennhui. off-topic - i got this 3200+ by mistake when i asked and paid for a 3000+ but the guy made a boo boo and gave me this 3200+ instead. haha maybe i shoulda returned back and gotten the 3000+ instead. u guys seem to get better results with the 3000

I wouldn't disable bank interleave....big performance hit. I'd rather run it on a divider with it enabled that no divider with it disabled.

Besides, dividers don't really hurt A64's.

Hey all,

My first post here. Just hooking up my system and having massive nvRAID problems, so decided to do a memtest86 on my patriot RAM. It failed on totally stock settings (auto/defaults)!

Is this normal/possible, and should I RMA the ram? Or should I change the settings?

I noticed that my "auto" timings are slow : 2/3/2/5-1T

Strager still - when I run each stick (512mb) individually I have no problems. It's just when I run them both in dual channel mode that I get errors in memtest86!

Whaddayathink?

Mal.

p.s. Venice core 3000+, Patriot XBLK 512x2 kit, DFI nForce4 SLI, WD raptors 36x2 (sadly not in RAID-0 yet)., upgraded bios to venice-compatible DFI bios (March 10th, 2005 = NVMM 4.85 and NV RAID 4.81)