754/939 Users - What CPU COOLER are you using?

Angry_Games

928 members have voted

1. 1.

• Thermalright (XP-90/XP-120/SLK-948U)
    • Zalman air-cooling (all models)
    • Swiftech air-cooling (all models)
    • Coolermaster air-cooling (all models)
    • Aerocool air-cooling (all models)
    • Alpha air-cooling (all models)
    • Thermaltake air-cooling (all models)
    • Danger Den watercooling (all models)
    • Swiftech watercooling (all models)
    • Zalman watercooling (all models)
    • Thermaltake watercooling (all models)
    • Corsair watercooling (all models)
    • Asetek watercooling (all models)
    • Koolance watercooling (all models)
    • Polarflo watercooling (all models)
    • Coolermaster watercooling (all models)
    • Other (please post in thread!)
    • STOCK AIR COOLING!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest Blooz1

I've been using the stock cooler just to get started on this rig, but I received my Zalman AlCu 7000B yesterday. I'll probably install it today.

Why didn't I buy an XP-90? For a couple of reasons.

I've been a Thermalright guy for a long time. I've used, and in some cases am STILL using, an SI-97 w/BX series 90MM Panaflo, an SLK-800A, a 948 (sold it, fool!) and 2 SK-7's.

I've heard lots of good things about the 7000 series Zalmans, and have been wanting to try one to see how well it cools, plus they have a great rep for being quiet. I just bought a new Tagan 480 PSU from Performance-Pcs (fully sleeved, has the new "EZ-Grip" connectors, WHOOT!), and they had the 7000B AlCu on sale for $31.95.

My system is pretty damn quiet the way it is. I've been temporarily using a Fortron 350W PSU with the 120MM fan, which is about inaudible once it ramps up. The Tagan is supposed to be incredibly quiet also. My 120MM intake/exhaust fans are Panaflo's running on a Sunbeam rheobus, also extremely quiet once you get below 75% on the rheobus.

So, I'd like to keep things quiet. I'm sure the guys over at Silent PC Reviews wouldn't think it is, but they're "over the top" a lot of the time! If the Zalman doesn't cool to my satisfaction, I'll be getting an SP-90 for sure!

Guest burningrave101

I use an XP-90 and a 92mm Panaflo fan. The only thing i hate about the XP-90 is it always seems to scratch the top of the CPU IHS when installing it. Its a good thing that IHS is there though because it would crack a bare CPU core.

I use an XP-90 and a 92mm Panaflo fan. The only thing i hate about the XP-90 is it always seems to scratch the top of the CPU IHS when installing it. Its a good thing that IHS is there though because it would crack a bare CPU core.

I had the same problem! It scratched my XP-90C as well. I played around with it a few times and figured out to place it straight down onto the IHS then latch the four prongs, instead of hooking the lower two and swinging it in place. BTW Ive lapped this XP-90C twice :rolleyes: !