Finally hit 300FSB!!

magg

I just wanted to thank all of you guys in these forums that have helped me learned an INCREDIBLE amount of information about OC'ing and the great quality of DFI boards. So without further ado, I can now finally say that I've hit 300x9!!

10694.png

CPU-Z Verified ID: 10694

It's not quite stable, but I think its my RAM holding me back. Here's the specs that I had running:

AMD64 3000+ Winnie - 2.7GHz [300*9] 1.58V

Patriot PC3200 w/ XBL - 2.5-4-4-8 1T @ 300MHz 2.8V

I think if I set a divider, I might be able to push the CPU a little higher, because I haven't even really hit high voltage on the chip yet. Plus I just read that article that someone posted about tRAS values, so maybe I'll change mine up to the recommended value [CAS + tRCD + 2].

Anybody has any advice or other ideas that might help me get a little more out of this chip, it'd be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :shake: :shake: :shake: :nod: :nod: :nod:

===EDIT===

I had to bring it back down, because it wasn't quite stable, so now I'm running at 280x9 w/ 1.45V and the RAM is back down to 2.5-4-3-6 1T @ 280MHz 2.73V

Guest shaolin95

Just for the fun of it, why dont you try this? Instead of 2.8v just use 2.6v..why? Mine hits 300 @ 2.5-4-3-10 using only 2.6v (2.7v seems to work also) but if I use 2.8 or more it becomes unstable. I have the exact RAM you have so its worth the try. I ended up running 274x10 as it performs better since its running 2.5-3-3-10 (with overall tighter timings) than 300 @ 2.5-4-3-10.

Regards

@flexkill: TY :nod:

@shaolin: thanks man, I appreciate the hint. I'm at work right now, but I'll try that as soon as I get home. So your RAM likes tRAS at 10? I may have to try that, as well. I figured 6 was good for my daily settings because it was a lower number, but now that I read the post you put up for tRAS I may just change it...

Btw, that's an awesome chip to hit 274x10 on stock HSF! I'm jealous :D