The truth about Tras and its dangers....

Guest shaolin95_merged

I dn think tRAS of 00 would work.

I actually think it's 1 or something.

If I remember tRAS of 0 was locked on the nf2 boards, but unlockable.

If you were to use it, it would probably be 1 anyways.

Not to say it can't happen, just that the bios probably won't allow it.

Then agian who knows.

Using tRAS of 00, has anyone really compared it using wpcredit to check if it's really 0 or not?

Those nf4 boards are really strange in the way it lets you select timings that should'nt be possible, like a lower tRAS then the rest of the timings, and low tRC.

Pretty cool actually, and I thaught the nf2 was bad @ss in for setting up timings...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaolin you make a thread that makes all ppl think that tras will ruin their harddrive.

A bios ram setting that kills hardware.

You say its true but what do YOU know ?

A setting that passes prime/memtest/occt/superpi .

But you say ppl will get error anyway when ram flush to HD.

You also say it lowers performance when i test it raise performace.

And when whole XS site test it usualy raise performance.

Can you think logical ?

Why do you defend this so much ?

Guest shaolin95

At least read the issue before creating an argument. Did I ever say it will ruin your hardware?! Show me where I said that. I said OS corruption, get it as in Windows XP.... Regarding wether is true or not, at least I have some valid evidence that support my claims...do you have anything to prove it doesnt? As I said to somebody else, I just posted the info wether you follow it or not is your problem not mine. You like low tras, heck, use -10 if you are capable (btw thats not possible just in case...) but dont come into this thread with nothing useful to say only to tell me I am an idiot cause thats what all your "comedy sketch" was trying to say. Anyway, for what is worth some people found the post useful and others dont with their own reason that I respect. The sad thing that somebody always shows up with too much time in his hands and posts something meaningless with the only intention of being annoying. This forum should be to try and help people not to critizice members who are actually trying to offer some advice. If you found my post so dumb then you in your all mighty smartness should know that there are many more threads in this forums where you can be sharing your fascinating ideas...you dont actually HAVE to post here you know... Thanks for coming, thank you drive thru...

not to butt in or anything... but this article must be talking about a specific mushkin brand IC or whatever... because im sure that OCZ wouldnt sell ram rated to run @ 5-2-2-2 if the Tras of 5 was going to cause instability and windows crashes and everything you've been saying will happen...

and also i beleive that mushkin sells 5-2-2-2 ram too right? so shouldnt it be 6-2-2-2 or greater? ....

edit** cheers

oh and just my experiences... 5-2-2-2 out performs 10-2-2-2 and anything else... and i have ram 5-2-2-2 @ 260mhz+ for months straight... and have experienced no problems with it at all... thats just my experience.

it would be nice to get one of the ram guys to step in here and clear this up.

AndyOCZ or Tony? if your around im sure everyone would like to hear what u guys have to say about this thread.

Guest shaolin95
[nSaNe']not to butt in or anything... but this article must be talking about a specific mushkin brand IC or whatever... because im sure that OCZ wouldnt sell ram rated to run @ 5-2-2-2 if the Tras of 5 was going to cause instability and windows crashes and everything you've been saying will happen...

and also i beleive that mushkin sells 5-2-2-2 ram too right? so shouldnt it be 6-2-2-2 or greater? ....

edit** cheers

oh and just my experiences... 5-2-2-2 out performs 10-2-2-2 and anything else... and i have ram 5-2-2-2 @ 260mhz+ for months straight... and have experienced no problems with it at all... thats just my experience.

it would be nice to get one of the ram guys to step in here and clear this up.

AndyOCZ or Tony? if your around im sure everyone would like to hear what u guys have to say about this thread.

I have thought about that but then I also take for example my Patriot TCCD pdf manual stating that in order to hit their rated max of 266MHZ FSB I need between 2.85-2.95v while in real life mine does 300 with only 2.6 and any more voltage will prevent my memory from reaching 300FSB. Perhaps sometimes they dont really know all details or perhaps been only 1 tras lower than recommended makes it pratically as safe as using say tras 6 in the 2-2-2 example. Who knows...

"Unscrupulous or naive memory resellers on the Internet will rate their modules by what they're capable of when running by themselves and on certain chipsets. Memory modules are generally capable of faster speeds and lower latencies when only one module is installed and on certain chipsets. So while it may look like their memory is faster than ours, in actuality they just came up with their ratings from ideal conditions that aren't representative of all real world scenarios. So their memory isn't necessarily better than ours, they just have lower standards for rating their modules. Companies like this will also have misleading tech support (i.e. It's your fault, not ours when the modules won't run as rated), and poor refund policies with hefty restocking fees when you want to return a module."

This tells me that EVERY company out there is bogus except Mushkin.

How did you find this document ? From what year is it ?

It sounds like Mushkin is the only company that has good support and SAFE to use ram.

This was the last thing i type in this thread.

Sorry for annoying you shaolin.

Long before this thread, I had googled the tRAS argument, i.e. "Safe" tRAS > CAS+ tRCD+ 2, and tRC= tRAS+tRP. Lowering tRAS does improve performance, but if there is any likelihood risking my data, then I do the safer choise. No need go for that tiny % of improvement. So DRAM timing is 2.5-4-3-9-12. Just my personal preference.