The truth about Tras and its dangers....

Guest shaolin95_merged

Guest shaolin95

Glad it helped and yes next time I should look at the sigs lol Lucky you that half dividers arent a strange thing with your rig.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shaolin95

Is that suposed to make me feel bad or do you have a point? I never said it was new or even my ideas, just that so many people were still doing it wrong that I decided to bring it back for discussion...thanks anyway for your very helpful post....

I have tested 2.5-3-3-8 but i can't see any difference. And @tras 7. It's ran 24h and i didn't see any incorrupt drive reading or any problem with my drive. Now i run my setting 2.5-4-3-7 without any problems. I don't know. It's tras 8 better than tras7 about a safer system or not?

Guest shaolin95

Corruption isnt going to show up just like that...think of it as a cancer...slowly killing your drive and by the time you noticed any symptoms its usually too late.

Yes it's unsafe because windows crashes. I set down to 2.5-3-3-6 FSB270. I don't understand why i can't set the FSB up to 280 stable. I tried different settings but 2.5-4-3-7 was 80% stable (only very hard CPU stressed programs like games crashes my system). Why why why why?

Edit: The next test is 2.5-4-4-8 (it's slower than with 3-3-6 about Trcd is faster with 3 than with 4).

It's maybe the Bios? I have 3/25 shall i downgrade it?

SO i have tested 2.5-4-4-8 FSB280x9 it's stable but if i set it to 2.5-3-3-8 then memtest shows errors. I tried to set FSB on 290x9 with 4-4-8 but no chance. Memtest shows no errors but i can't boot windows (2 BSODs 1 time bootvid.ini and another a information to set shadow off or cache lower). The same with 3-3-8. Memtest shows errors. No chance?

i dont think the 9x multiplier works for 2 sticks of ram... only 1 stick works on 9x mult... i tried it before... at 255x10 no errors.. 255x9 thousands of errors... dont know why it does this... but when i tried 1 stick.. my 9x error dissappear...

i dont think the 9x multiplier works for 2 sticks of ram... only 1 stick works on 9x mult... i tried it before... at 255x10 no errors.. 255x9 thousands of errors... dont know why it does this... but when i tried 1 stick.. my 9x error dissappear...

I have tested 2 sticks with 10x270. It's not stable but 9x270 and higher. It's stable. I don't now exactly how my ram works (after the memtest i think they work 1:1).

Now i use Bios 310. It runs stable FSB280x9 ;)