Abit K7 Keeps Turning Off

Computer with Abit K7 mobo turns on for 4 or 5 seconds then turns itself off. How can I tell if the motherboard is fried? Is it the motherboard or the power supply? Any way of telling what is happening. Board system temp had been around 52 to 55 when it used to boot up, cpu temp was around 47. System contins AMD 2500 Barton, 1 gb pc2700 ram, ati radeon 9700 pro, 2 60 gb WD h.drives. I've ordered a replacement board but I'm not really sure that it's the problem? Any help out there greatly appreciated.

what kind of a fan is it on the cpu? Maybe its one of the fans where you need to plug it into the power supply then into the mobo for monitoring purposes. If that is the case, if the fan is not plugged into the mobo as well as the power supply the comp will turn off because its thinks there is not a fan on the cpu, how is the fan plugged in? Is it plugged into the mobo at all or just to the power supply?. I think that if the mobo was fried it wouldnt turn on at all. Also have you tried to clear the cmos? That alot of the time helps the situation, take the cmos jumper off of the board then remove the cmos battery and unplug the comp from the wall and leave it there for about an hour. Have you tried a different power supply? That could be one of the problems as well.

Try some of these suggestions and provide a little more info about your system and we'll see what we can do :D